SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_600787411

Need Help Choosing Flooring and Paint for New House

HU-600787411
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all! We have an older house that needs some flooring updates, but can't decide what to do. We intend to replace the entry way (currently white tile), the living room (currently wood tile), and the kitchen, breakfast nook, and laundry room (all currently cream/beige tile). The dining room and office area are parquet wood floors and the sunroom is brick, which we'd like to keep as is. It just feels like there are too many things going on with the floor the way it is currently.

We were thinking of doing a darker wood tile (e.g. to match the exposed beam in the living room) for all of these regions except the laundry room, which we would probably want to keep as some sort of neutral tile. Would it be weird to have wood tile meeting parquet wood (where the office meets the entry way and where the kitchen meets the dining room) or am I overthinking it? Do you have any other suggestions?

Also, I'm not loving the paint colors in this house, especially all the grays. I feel like warm tones and cool tones are mixing too often and it sort of bothers me. I was thinking a basic white would maybe make it more neutral, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions as well!

Here are some pictures for reference. The furniture is not ours, so no need to work around that.

Comments (4)