SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
risaelisabeth

Small kitchen, don't want to overwhelm!

risaelisabeth
3 years ago

So I am doing the usual white shaker style cabinets and going with super white quartzite countertops. The floors are 12 x 24 light gray tiles. I still need 2 important features - a backsplash and knobs/light fixtures.

I love simple, clean, and bright. I was thinking a 4 x 12 white subway tile, maybe a herringbone pattern? I picked out a slab of the quartzite and realized that it is a lot busier than I had thought, and so I'm not sure what will be overwhelming for a backsplash.

I was dead set on brushed brass hardware and light fixtures. Now I'm oscillating between brass and black. I don't mind a "modern farmhouse" look but I want something a little more personalized and "different" than the typical pinterest look. I also haven't seen many pictures that pair super white with brass which makes me rethink that idea.

I don't have any pictures since my kitchen is just empty and gutted right now, but it's only a 10 x 12 galley style kitchen. No island but it will have a small 48" peninsula that opens to the dining room.

Any advice, opinion, or even criticisms at all would be appreciated!

Comments (27)