SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_hawver

Trim Molding/Vent issue: SOS!

Erin Hawver
3 years ago

Hi all!

I’m at a crossroads and am seeking some advice.

Hi all!

Here looking for some knowledge + advice. We are getting our entire home remodeled and we’ve run into a bit of an issue.

Apparently, the flooring dudes found an area of the subfloor upstairs that’s uneven. Did the best they could to fix it, but still has a hump. Then they put molding underneath, fine. But because the vent is there, they just straight up laid the molding over the vent edge, having it bulge a bit from the wall and now the combo of the floor, molding, + vent is creating an illusion to my eye that I cannot unsee and it’s driving me nuts!

My issue with this is that there used to be carpeting where the molding is currently and had the drywall, texturing, and painting of the ENTIRE living room done, but did not remove the carpet until AFTER. Now the wall is unfinished underneath, and I am quite sure they’re using the molding as an easy coverup so they don’t have to fix the wall underneath.

What should I do? Just live with it? Take the molding off and have them fix the wall underneath?

Comments (3)