SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roo514_gw

Fridge cabinet crown molding issues

roo514
9 years ago

I had a space built for my fridge and it doesn't look right. Pictures say it better than words, but I'll do my best to explain the issue. The fridge space is inset in a wall and when the cabinet above was installed, it was done so that the top of the molding is even with with the wall. The means that the molding on the wall isn't even with the molding on the fridge cabinet (just ignore the different style and color for now in the pic). Also, the frame around the cabinet extends down into the fridge space so this leaves a gap between the fridge and the wall.

My contractor is very reluctant to move the cabinet and frame out, mainly because he would have to call the cabinet installers back. My other thought was to have the molding extend to the cabinet and fill that gap. Not ideal, but it's better than it is now. The irritating thing is that this is the most expensive part of the remodel because building the fridge space meant moving the water heater and furnace. I can live with the gap between the fridge and the wall on the sides, but the molding just doesn't look right. Or am I off base?

Comments (12)