SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

Temporary house numbers? Stick-on that are easy to remove?

girl_wonder
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Inspection is next week and I forgot to order new house numbers. (Doh!) Does anyone have advice/experience on temporary house numbers to pass inspection? Are there ones that peel off easily or ?

I have a 1940 bungalow with large windows, so the only location is either the door trim or the new 6“ posts for the front porch arbor. (They will be mounted vertically). But I don’t want to drill Into either of these for a temporary solution. (Or gunk them up with strong adhesive). I want to buy cool new Craftsman style ones but the ones I like, assuming they work onsight, won’t arrive for 2-3 weeks.

I have the old numbers (4” bronze metal X 2” wide) which aren’t horrible but aren’t fresh and new. Conceivably they could be mounted onto a board if there’s a way to temporarily attach that Board without damaging anything. I also have craftsman-style mailbox numbers that are plastic with magnets (to attach to the metal mailbox). My house is not made of metal (obviously) but I have those at the ready in case anyone can imagine a way to attach those in a temporary way.

Thoughts?? Thanks for the help!

Comments (9)