SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dananad

Help needed for L shaped Kitchen Layout

Dana
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello,

We bought a fixer upper on the water where every square inch needs renovating. I’m new to all this and have been reading about kitchen cabinets and have spoke with and waiting on layouts from 3 companies. Problem is, the architect needs to at least know where sinks and stove is going In the next few days. I want good design, I want frameless cabinets all drawers on bottom. I think I should add a prep sink. It’s just my husband and I. We eat fresh and simple the majority of the time...grilled meat, vegetables and salad. Hubby cooks and for entertaining he is the main cook. We have a 24” double oven, 36” stove, 36” counter depth fridge that has to be on the end of the short L, 24” dishwasher and sinks I haven’t purchased so I don’t have dimensions. The wall between kitchen and dining on plans is getting taken down. ( you’ll see my white line). It will be open to living space. Fireplace will have left and right side walls taken out to open up and dining room will be on other side of fireplace. We will not be putting in a breakfast area as you see on drawings. The length of the wall is full of sliders with views of water. I

will be attaching our drawings that shows measurements, and also some pictures that show layouts I’m thinking of. In the corner of the short L, I was thinking of adding a few open shelves. I’m thinking of putting prep sink in corner and regular sink in Island or reverse. The window above sink is being taken out and the one towards the end will be changed to above counter height, so I can run lowers under the window there is a slider there so would want no more then 15” deep. I’m picking Cambria Berwyn Quartz and a painted white shaker cabinet. Jumbo slab is 11’ long so Island so that is the longest it can be. PLEASE...if there is a better layout idea let me know. The fridge Does have to go on end. Thank you again for your help!

Dana

Comments (12)