SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmcrosson

Have I chosen the optimal layout for my living room?

megan c
3 years ago

Hello.

I've lived in my townhouse for about 5 years and am ready to finally invest in decorating some of the rooms. My living room is up first. But I have this nagging feeling that it may be laid out wrong??

I've attached a few pictures. For reference, the room dimensions are 16 ft. x12 ft.

Ultimately, I like the layout. I used to have my TV stand on the wall where the bookshelf is now, and the sofa directly across from that. I ended up rearranging because there was so much wasted space by the window area. I like that this layout uses more of the space, but it does feel a little cramped. I've been contemplating two matching, smaller accent chairs in the corners on either side of the TV, but not sure if that would be too tight.

Any thoughts on a potentially better layout?

P.S. Since I'm looking to redecorate, most of the pieces I have in here are "up for negotiation" (including the TV which I realize is kind of ridiculously large), and I am 100% getting rid of the leather armchair for in favor of something smaller and brighter. The only thing I have to keep is the sofa -- it's not even a year old and I do love it :)

Thank you,
megan

Comments (4)