SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8489027

What would you do in this deep, dark, heavy looking kitchen?

User
3 years ago

Met with my contractor and designer yesterday-- closing on this house soon and want to get a head start on a remodel.

I had my heart set on a 48 inch range in French Blue from Big Chill but that is basically going to mean new cabinets. The choices are: paint and keep what is here with a lighter/brighter look or rip out everything and start over. I don't hate these cabinets but they are a bit fussier than I would pick. I can get the range I want in a standard size and keep them.

New counters are a must (suggestions?)

Color scheme will be some combo of the French blue and either white, cream or a pale gray with pops of yellow. Any suggestions are welcome.

I would like to do a backsplash to the ceiling.

The wood stove stays? Goes? The designer says she would get rid of it for a bigger island space. I kind of like it.

Island will be extended a bit with furniture style legs,

New doors on the upper cabinets near the sink if we keep them to get rid of those cubbies and make it all one cabinet.

The sink is a Kohler with pheasants on it. Has a huge crack. I was going to miracle method it white and seal the crack or get new. Ideas?

Coffee and wine bar with a small wine fridge where the gray sofa is-- yes there is space if the door to the stairs comes off.

Was thinking of doing some open shelving in the space near the fridge and the bathroom/back doors with a backsplash to tie that into the kitchen better. Seems orphaned. Another option is to move the fridge to where the pantry is and take out that and the wood stove.

Fan has to go. Better light fixtures are a must. Suggestions?

Comments (48)