SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artiafields

Termite damage found during kitchen Reno

3 years ago

Kitchen Reno is currently taking place and termite damage was found. We purchased the home last year and the inspector said he did not see any damage. The damage was in the wall. When we purchased the home, the owners transferred their termite pest control contract to us. They were paying for the company to come and put down bait and check the bait. We have continued this. The contract stated he does not see any thing crawling and no termites so he’s going to replace the wood. He opened the entire wall because he wanted to make sure it wasn’t more. He showed us where they ate the wood and said he would replace it. I asked if I should have the pest control people come out? He said take the pictures but they’ve been taken care of so he wouldn’t worry about it. I want to make sure they’re not just trying to finish the job. The company is a well known popular company and they’re booked the rest of the year. I want to make sure they’re not trying to get to the next job job but honestly I don’t think he’d do that. He didn’t have to open up the entire wall but he did to make sure. Thoughts?

First time home owner doing a first time remodel.

Comments (2)