SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivyloudiy

Repair or replace old toilets?

Ivy Lou
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My home was built in 1999 and has the original Mansfield toilets throughout. I have recently replaced all the toilet seats. Plus, one of the toilet's supply lines was leaking so I recently replaced it with a braided stainless steel one. However, now I'm noticing issues with the tank slowly leaking. There are no external leaks and all the connections are tight and secure. I don't know if it has been since replacing the supply line or just because I'm home all the time now so I hear the toilet refilling randomly throughout the day. When flushed, it fills the tank perfectly, but I will notice the tank is slowly getting lower if I come back to check on it. There is no leaking outside of the toilet, so I'm thinking it may be either the fill valve or flush valve. The internals look to have the original Mansfield flush valve, but the fill valve may have been replaced at some point as it looks different than the other toilets. If it was changed out, was most likely done on or slightly before 2014.

I'm looking for recommendations and advice. Should I go through the process of replacing parts until I fix the leak or is it better to just get a new toilet at this point? Thanks

Comments (11)