SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlene_tran98

Does anyone know what I did wrong with my Ficus elastica tineke?

char chan
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Ficus elastica (tineke): SUNLIGHT... sits in an East facing window, gets moderate direct sunlight throughout the day; WATER... watered only when first two inches are dry... I water until I see it drip through the drainage holes at the bottom then let it dry out throughout the day; FERTILIZATION... SO, I think this might be where my issue lies, however, I am not sure so I'm hoping someone can confirm my suspicions. I had thought Ficuses liked being fertilized every TWO WEEKS after reading an article that suggested that, however... I did some research again and I'm seeing more articles that state it should only be fertilized ONCE A MONTH. I use a 20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer at half strength for her and have fertilized her TWICE already after waiting two weeks since the first time... am I right for thinking that it is an overfertilization issue??? PLEASE HELP!!!

This bottom leaf just dropped as I was inspecting my tineke... look at those brown edges :(

More brown edges...

This one has a brown tip as well :(

More brown edges...

But she's been giving new growth on each parent plant... I've gotten one new leaf from each parent plant since spring started so that's a good sign yes? (Total of three since I have three tineke's planted in one pot).

Overall health of the plant. That bottom right leaf was like that when I bought it so pay no mind to it.

Comment