SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missmyrnaloy

Need help - computer design cabinet issue.

missmyrnaloy
3 years ago

Hi there...

I originally started this topic for office/den but then soon realized I really need to solve one problem before moving on to the next problem.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5921627/help-work-home-office-ongoing-disaster-floating-shelves#25550441

I need help designing a cabinet to hold all my pc equipment and peripherals. I have 25" from a doorframe to wall, 102" height, and would like to keep it no more than 24" W. Pull out slide for printer and pull out slide for photo scanner. I am running a home pc and a work pc from same monitor and keyboard so would probably need a kvk switch of some sort... I want to hide the mess and have everything neat, tidy and easy access.

This is what I am trying to fit in.

Asus Tower - 7w X 16 X 16

Dell Thin Client - 1.5 X 7 X 7.5

Cable Modem - 7.5 X 2 X 7.25

Asus Router - 16 X 10 X 8 (with att extended)

Canon Printer - 12 X 15 X 6 (would like this to be roll out)

Epson Perfection v600 Photo Scanner - 19.5 X 11 X 5 (would like this to be roll out)

Scale - 9 X 9 X 3 (would like this to be roll out)

USB Hub - 2.25 X 9 X 1 (with wires plugged in ) 3.5

External Dvd Drives @ 7 - 6 X 5.5 X .25

External Drive 5 Terrabytes - 7 X 5 X 1.75

External Drives 10 Terrabytes - 6 X 7 X 2

External Drives portable - 5@ blocked - 3.25H X 5.75W x 5.5D

HP 2009M Monitor - 7 X 20 X 17

Belkin 12 outlit surger protector @2 - 3.97 x 1.1 x 11.4 inches

Earbuds 6 pair - plus cords

Hanging file drawer.

Keyboard and Mouse -

I have some photos from Pinterest to try and cobble together something that will work for me.

I had planned on doing a floating shelf for the keyboard, mouse, and monitor and have hidden cords to the cabinet of wires.

Zip tie the wires labeled every 6" or so and mounted to the cabinet wall, and proper ventilation for everything... with easy access to the surge protectors... back access and a hidden door from top to bottom for extra cord storage, earbuds, etc... basically cram everything together neat and organized and preferably on wheels in case I need to move it without tearing everything down. I would also need easy front access to external DVD drives etc.

I have tried to sketch this out, I tried to use sketch up... I am trying to use mockups with carboard versions of it but can't seem to get it figured out.

I am adding photos of what I have going on and what would be elements to put together.

Please help me draw this out or if you know someone that is handy at drawing or know of an easy free online program. Thank you so much!

Facebook · More Info

floating computer workstation - Google Search · More Info

floating computer workstation - Google Search · More Info

Telephone furniture TinySideboard 3 | Etsy · More Info

missmyrnaloy's ideas · More Info

(20) Pinterest · More Info

Comments (6)