SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbones19

please help me style my new construction master bedroom!

Megan C
3 years ago

Hi all! We are almost finished construction on our new home. Looking for help styling the master (pics attached mid construction pardon the mess and poor lighting) The experts here always help me out so hoping to crowd source some awesome ideas!

Our style is transitional with a lean towards modern farmhouse / pottery barn aesthetic. We are not mid century modern nor full on shabby chic people.

We are getting all new furniture for our master.

You walk into a small little alcove and then see the two windows which I imagine will flank the bed. We are hoping for a king size bed and nightstands, and opposite that thinking two dressers, one on each of the walls that flanks the cased opening (leads to dual walk in closets and a master bath).

I also have a vintage family heirloom vanity that I will need to set up with an additional small drawer storage piece for my makeup area,

And would love a leaning full length mirror somewhere as well as a little seating area.

Ideally would also love a third dresser somewhere but unsure if this is overkill (I have a huge shoe and bag collection which will need to be housed in my closet along with my hanging clothes, so will probably need to fold a lot of clothes. ) it’s hard to picture BC our old home was small and lacked closet space so I used a tiny bedroom as my walk in closet for my clothes shoes bags and vanity, and I want to make that all work here while also looking pretty and purposeful. I folded the majority of my clothes in my old house and with my closet measurements I am imagining I will need one dresser for myself here plus possibly a smaller lingerie type dresser?

Thanks for reading and for your help!

Comments (5)