SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_8160796955727018

Exterior accent color recommendation

Emily E.
3 years ago

Hello, we need help deciding whether or not to maintain a contrasting color on the exterior of our home. We're having the orange trim of our home painted white in Benjamin Moore White Dove. Below is a photo of the work in progress. Along with the orange there's a beige color on the inset panels, fine window trim, and column crowns. Originally we told the painter to paint the beige White Dove as well. However, now we're considering maintaining the contrast and painting the beige an accent color.

In our home the walls, trim, and most of the kitchen cabinetry are Sherwin Williams Alabaster, which is comparable to BM White Dove. The kitchen island, master bathroom cabinets, and accent walls are Sherwin Williams Naval, which is navy blue. For the accent color, I think SW Naval is too dark. Instead, I'm thinking of a light blue, like the cabinetry in the second picture below. My questions to the painting and design experts out there are:

1. Do you think a contrasting color is a good idea or all white would look better?

2. If you recommend contrast, do you think a light blue would look nice? If not, what do you recommend?

3. If you like the idea of a light blue, what Benjamin Moore color(s) would you recommend? I like BM Stratford Blue.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Comment (1)