SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkayetwvz5

Polar Vortex NOW?!?!? Seriously?

lkayetwvz5
3 years ago

I follow the weather forecasts closely - I have a farm and I grew up on a farm and it's just something we do. Well it has not been very nice - every night for a week is in the low to mid 30Fs except for Friday night which is supposed to be in the 20s! We had frost this morning and were under a warning. Saturday morning we are under a freeze warning. Al Rokker, meteorologist on the CBS Morning News show said we are having a Polar Vortex. We are actually supposed to have snow Saturday!! I have row covers on veggies I planted early but not enough covers in the world for everything that was planted after that - 25 hostas and 12 roses to name a few. My little homemade greenhouse looks like this - half of these plants should have been out a month ago except for the incessant rain!

Two of the roses are blooming. The yellow is Chicago Peace that spent the winter in the greenhouse because I just can't find a place it fits colorwise. (It was bought as Belinda's Dream from TS.) When it fades out it looks better but it is very bright at first.

Comments (26)