SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying

A few good movies

OutsidePlaying
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I hope this post doesn’t show up twice....I posted it, I thought, from my computer this morning but so far it hasn’t shown up. Do the Houzz gremlins have to vet these things before they post them??

In a weird way, a movie DH and I watched a couple of days ago reminded me a bit of the funny story 1929Spanish related about her clean floor and her dog. I'll get to that. The movie is The Art of Racing in the Rain, with Milo Ventimiglia. It's a truly wonderful movie for many reasons. First, it's rated PG, Milo V is easy on the eyes, a main character is a dog (voiced by Kevin Costner, and it's just a good story. I'll just say, the similarity to Spanish's story involves the dog, a recently-cleaned carpet, and an arsehole character. Keep the tissues handy, as you will need them even with the happy ending.

Another good one we watched is Bad Education with Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney. It is based on a true story about a school embezzling scandal in New York several years ago. It's definitely not PG but worth watching for the excellent acting. Wouldn't be surprised to see some Emmy's out of this.

I know I've mentioned these before, but I will again...Green Book was so good. And we enjoyed 1917, although it is not for everyone, but certainly a good war flick.

I've watched some oldies lately. Of note was part of the 'Ocean's' series, Ocean's Twelve, Ocean's Thirteen (a particular favorite for the intricate plot), and the one for the ladies Ocean's Eight that I liked a lot and I can't really explain why, maybe it was the cast. Last night DH and I tuned in to Raiders of the Lost Ark (oh boy, Harrison Ford in his young days!). I still haven't watched Knives Out but I will.

Comments (9)