SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_or

Curtain opinions needed

teresa_or
4 years ago

I am putting together a small guest bedroom/relaxation/reading space in our new home. I painted the room white and eventually the carpet will be replaced with wood flooring and the oak baseboard/window trim will be replaced with white trim. I also installed the boho-ish wood bead light fixture.

For now, I am focusing on decor since the flooring and trim will have to wait until higher-priority projects are complete. All of the pieces pictured in the photos are staying, and I am planning on adding one of the yellow botanical wallpapers to the wall behind the daybed. See samples in pic.

My conundrum is about the window treatment. I want nice billowy panels to add softness and color to that side of the room. Privacy or light control are not important as there is a honeycomb blind that came with the house and we're out in the country with no close neighbors. I plan on hanging the panels wide so they don't obstruct the view out to the garden. Originally, I was just going to hang white curtains, but that side of the room is already so white. And I hesitate to add more yellow given the yellow wallpaper and rug. So, I'm thinking navy - but not heavy navy - rather a navy and white print. Looking for opinions on the options pictured below or other panels that might work better. Thank you in advance!

Daybed with selected bedding - main cover will be white

Window wall with white wardrobe to right

Wallpaper samples with pillows

Light fixture

Curtain options

Comments (4)