SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahdelive

Step kids driving me crazy

Sarah Delive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

During this covid 19 pandemic my parnter, his 4 children (6,8,10,12) and I are stuck in this house together. I am starting to resent all of them. How do we solve different opinions in how to raise them?

I can’t sleep at night, because they’re allowed to be up until 2:30am, and theyre making so much noise. 😛🤸🏼‍♀️🎭 Then they sleep in, until 1pm. I need to wake up at 6am to work. I completely disagree with this bed time and haven’t slept well in 9 days. The sleep deprivation has me on edge. 😦😴

His 6 year old son broke my phone screen out of carelessness. I didn’t say anything to ensure I am not overstepping, in hope my partner would handle the situation. He hugged him and said “It’s okay buddy”. I am not for harsh punishment, especially because it was an accident, but shouldnt there be some type of consequence or lesson? I now hardly see what I am tying because of my cracked screen. 📱😭

On the same day the 6 year old broke a glass and in attempt to hide it, he piled stuff on top of it. I went to clean it up and stepped right into the glass. I was bleeding like crazy, but again no consequence. my partner said it’s just blood... I was about to flip. 🤯 🩸 🤕

Am I being to sensitive? My partner says they are kids and it’s normal. I don’t have kids of my own yet, which he constantly brings up, so maybe I am overreacting. Any advice?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH