SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

My sunflower plants are trying to drive me totally crazy

littleonefb
15 years ago

Now my kids, even though they are grown, would argue that I am crazy but that's just kids.

I know I am not. I know what seeds I sowed and they came from my one and only sunflower double dandy that I grew last year.

Granted it didn't grow 2 feet but rather to almost 5 feet and I grew it in a huge pot last year that was horrible attacked by critters chewing the stems, but it was a double dandy for sure.

It was the only sunflower I grew and no one else in my neighborhood grew any sunflowers either.

here are pics of last years double dandy and where my seeds came from

{{gwi:410809}}

{{gwi:428134}}

Collected seeds from the flower head and sowed more of them this year.

So was very happy to have several seedlings to plant this year. They kept getting chewed off by critters and the main stem would just branch into 2 more and keep growing.

One started to open this week and I took a double take at what bloomed on one of the branched stems.

this was the first pic of the bloom on one of the branches

{{gwi:425259}}

that pic was on monday.

It looked like this on thursday

{{gwi:425260}}

Now the second bloom on the other stem that is branched off from the main stem bloomed and this is what the plant looks like

{{gwi:428135}}

Here are pics of the stems from the ground up to the flower, someone, please tell me I am really seeing this.

Fran

{{gwi:428137}}

{{gwi:428139}}

{{gwi:428140}}

{{gwi:428141}}

{{gwi:428142}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored