SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenjen006

Front yard landscape ideas needed please.

jenjen006
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello. I've never been fond of my landscaping (dated looking) but I have let the bushes get overgrown so I feel like it's a good time to start fresh. I'd like to rip everything out (potentially could leave the boxwood in the middle) but not sure the best plant/bush/tree options. I live in central IL so temps can range to 20's (sometimes lower) in winter up to 100 degrees in summer. Thinking of something with a little height such as small tree (ieJapanese maple) or flowering tree/bush on the left (again, not sure what's best for next to house and want something I can keep shorter than the redbud). Not sure what to do across the front and around the corner toward front door. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't wan't too fussy (and most of these pics have a lot more plants than I'd like but I like looks of some of the plants). I'm working with approx 50ft from edge to edge (60ft to the walkway) and 4 ft deep.I will enclose picture of my house, some ideas I like and what I think I'll use as border. Also, thinking about rubber mulch...thoughts? This is a SOUTH facing lawn. Thanks :)

I like the simplicity of the one below but have no idea what the bushes are.

Plan on using paver edging such as one below with a brown rubber mulch or brownish rock.

Comments (2)