SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51572890

I need your help

User
4 years ago

I don't want to get into the personal reasons why we have to take the risks associated with what I am about to ask. Believe me when I say that it is life and death and we have no alternative. None.

We are flying out of Atlanta to Hawaii the first week of May. We have to go through Seattle and Honolulu to get to the island where we will be staying for an unspecified time. We have one-way tickets and will be required to quarantine for 14 days. That won't be a problem as we will be in a private home.

My only available masks are cloth ones made by our local sewing shop. We will have wipes and sanitizer and we are flying first class. What should we do to minimize the risk of getting sick. The airlines is Delta. They provide masks they say but they aren't required. I know you shouldn't touch it after putting it on. Practically speaking we have to eat and drink on such a long flight.

I welcome any and all thoughtful helpful doable suggestions for my DH and I. Thank you for your help during this the most stressful time of our lives. c

Comments (62)

• Feathers11
    4 years ago

I am not a medical professional, but a friend works at a major hospital that treats covid patients. She's been taking Vitamin C and zinc daily, and walking/cardio to keep her lungs strong. When my family was possibly exposed a few weeks ago, that was her advice for us. Go into the trip with your immune systems and lungs as strong as possible.

User thanked Feathers11
  • Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

I have nothing to offer that hasn't already been said, but I wish you well on this very necessary journey.

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • Related Discussions

I I need your HELP.

Q

Comments (9)
    Linda - I was expecting a lecture on it is not DIRT - it is soil - soil becomes dirt when it gets under your nails. Cork - I agree with you 100%. Before they sold small black polyethylen square pots- but they are gone..they were sturdy - you just needed to make a label for each one instead of writing with a marker on a solo cup. What I do - when I am working with solo cups and cuttings - I put wet felt on the bottom of the black tray - get a dome - and keep stacking them tightly until the tray is filled - ad only then move it to the shelf - less tipping of the pots. If I use the solos for the semis and minis - I move them to the shelves one by one, not on a tray. I.
    ...See More

I Need Your Help-I went to a Kitchen Designer Today :o

Q

Comments (42)
    We are in the final stages of building our home. It has taken me two solid years of searching for the right person to do my cabinets. I've interviewed several, and I even wasted some money by starting to work with a couple who claimed they were on the same page as I was but who weren't......as by their push for what "they" liked and thought I should have. I stuck to my guns and kept searching. I do not like staggered cabinets but they were continually being pushed on me. They didn't know how to deal with a large vintage style sink I am using. They kept wanting to line all of them up like lawyer office cabinets, crowd my window trim, etc. I gave up and figured I would use metal cabinets and a couple of tables until I found the right person. Finally one Saturday my husband was doing a search to find Conestoga cabinets so we could purchase some and put them in ourselves. By then I had sketched out what I wanted, but still needed a skilled person to figure the dimensions, etc. Well, we found someone. A treasure of a husband and wife team who make custom cabinets. She has an art degree and has considerable experience in restoring vintage kitchens. She saw immediately what I wanted and we are like twins in our thinking. She made sure she understood how I cook. We now only have minor tweaking in a few details and we are ready to start work. The reason for my long winded story here is to encourage you to follow your heart no matter how long it takes to find the right person. Do not settle. It can be frustrating, time consuming, and very tiring, but it has been more than worth it. I will get up every day for the rest of my life loving this kitchen. Loving your kitchen will inspire you to cook wonderful things in it. Something you don't love will irritate you the rest of your life. Also, be wary of anyone wanting a chunk of money ahead of even talking to you and starting a design. You have no way of knowing if that person will listen to you and you can work together. It is fair for someone to not release a design you like without compensation, but we have lost several thousand dollars on people who claimed they would design something nice, knew what I wanted, but as soon as the check was cashed they could have cared less. The lady I am working with now never asked for a cent up front. Sandy
    ...See More

Math gurus, I need your help

Q

Comments (13)
    FOOD that was my thought as well. Judging by the quality of their aluminum foil, this should be good. Their foil is far superior to Alcan and Reynolds. What I'm going to do, is buy a small box and make sure that the plastic is good quality. So based on this query, I'd rather pay $18.99 than $26.
    ...See More

Help!! I need your help with flooring color !!

Q

Comments (15)
    Without seeing a layout drawing on how these spaces connect or flow together, perhaps you need to consider how the different floorings will connect if not the same height. Only saying because I hate the look of having transition pieces in open spaces that should flow together easily. Looks like your den, breakfast nook and kitchen all run together so these should probably be the same floor choice. Suggest you consider not having the cabinets control your flooring choice, with the idea you could save to have them painted later. Your furniture colors are beautiful and will be easy to coordinate accent colors, rugs, etc. later so I wouldn't worry about those so much. Flooring should enhance the permanent things in the spaces and blend with furniture, Before the new flooring is installed, consider removing all the wallpaper and borders and prime those walls. It will help you reimagine and see your wall and trim paint samples better to select those colors last.
    ...See More
  • Honu3421
    4 years ago

Good advice upthread from Nini to bring sanitizer in your luggage. Also pack as many wipes as you can into your suitcase as those are not to be found in Hawaii. If you know what additional Covid related supplies you will need, order those now so they will be there shortly after you arrive. I’m so sorry you are going through this difficult time.

Thank you for your understanding and willingness to comply with our 14 day quarantine requirement for all incoming travelers. This is difficult to enforce but critical to our island community. Malama pono. Take care.

• User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you . This is someone that will require months of 24/7 care and with my nursing background it was the only choice put forth by the MD's who are guiding the hopeful recovery. There will be one other person in the house and they are still working part-time and they will be bringing in food until we can shop. Since we have stayed in this house previously we know the area very well and are glad it has a huge garage and we will be on the top of a 2000ft mountain 30 miles from a major town with no neighbors. Quite isolated as you can imagine. This is both good and bad as trips for dialysis 3x a week will be arduous for everyone concerned.

There will be plenty of wipes etc once we are there as the person working has access to supplies. There is very little coronavirus there. Hawaii has done an amazing job of protecting its borders.

I appreciate the suggestion about the air blowing on us ! I always turn it off as I hate the draft but I will definitely use it and have layers on. We are sitting together in 1st class there are only 2 seats on each side. Yes to our own food which we always do. My DD has hand sanitizer and wipes for us for the trip. Will bring the Scott towels for sure and gallon bags for trash. My DD has gloves as well for us. I always get up a lot as every time I drink I pee LOL !

We are both in great health luckily and take no meds at all at 69 and almost 74. Our cycling and weight lifting and yoga and yard work are all a plus. We use Umcka , it is amazing at preventing any colds etc and we have 3 containers of that that I will transfer to smaller bottles.

More later. Thank you for the support. As always this community is so special. c

• Fori
    4 years ago

I believe the liquid restriction has been relaxed for hand sanitizer.

I suggest some disposable gloves, not for all-around wear, but for when you're wiping everything down and then sitting. I can't imagine what that stuff does to skin if you don't wash it off PDQ.

Do bring your own water containers and fill them when you've passed security, or buy some bottles you can sanitize and use on the flight. Drinking water is important, as is timing your drinking so that you don't have to pee on the plane.

User thanked Fori
  • blfenton
    4 years ago

If you can, put on some gloves just before getting onto the plane and then as others have mentioned wipe down everything including the click on the seatbelt. If you have to go to the washroom put on another pair and use them for opening the door etc.

If renting a car, have a spray sanitizer with a cloth and wipe down the door handle, the steering wheel the shift, the turn signals. the key fob, everything before touching.

Take things such as tylenol, cough medicine, etc with you, just in case.

I hope all will be well for both you and whatever you are facing.

Take care, (((((hugs))))

User thanked blfenton
  • OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

Dang, I had a long post and it disappeared. I will try again.

Besides the advice to take your own wipes, etc....l

I would take a couple of wet wash clothes each in a ziplock bag to freshen my face before eating. I know the airline will provide those warm ones but you may prefer your own.

Take some small plastic garbage bags and put them over the food tray a

even after you wipe it down. I know the major airlines are doing a pretty good job of sanitizing the planes between flights but you can’t be too careful.

Take a pair of your own socks to wear in flight when you want to remove your shoes for a nap. You can put any of these items (socks, wash clothes, masks,etc) in one of the plastic garbage bags when it’s safe and you get to your final destination.

Use a HEPA filter such as from a vacuum cleaner, in your mask insert.

You should be able to use the Delta SKY lounges since you are in first class. If they aren’t crowded, I would go there if you have layovers. Cleaner bathrooms, snacks, generally more seating (unless they are closed or everybody is there at once). Enquire before you go, but the major airports may have them available.

If there is any way to can pack carryon only, I would do that and minimize anyone handling my luggage.

I really wouldn’t worry too much about cooked food, unless you are picky eaters. Again, ask the airlines about the menu. I have only flown to Hawaii on long-haul flights from Atlanta, not broken by a stop on the west coast, so it was more like international service.

I think you will be fine.

I’m sorry you have to make this trip. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

User thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Honu3421
    4 years ago

@pricklypearcactus re: your question on the 14 day quarantine. You are correct. You are not legally permitted outside your room/home for 14 days. Hawaii is not welcoming tourists during this outbreak. The quarantine has worked. Our visitor count has gone from 30k per day to 120+/- per day. I don’t think Trailrunner will be counted in the visitor category.

User thanked Honu3421
  • Arapaho-Rd
    4 years ago

I'm sorry I have not read each post but one concern on a long flight, other than all that you mentioned, would be using the bathroom. Seems on a flight that long, it's unavoidable. Sanitizing wipes, gloves, disposing of them immediately. So carry enough gloves with you I'd say. Good luck and safe travels. Hope your journey and stay is all that you hope for.

User thanked Arapaho-Rd
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    4 years ago

Couple things I saw here that give me pause. I think most of the airline lounges are closed and I would not fill a water container from a public dispenser at this time.

User thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

I don't know how security at the airport is handling screening, but I always take a pair of surgical booties to wear through security so I don't have to walk through in my bare feet. I take them off after screening and dispose of them, then wash my hands before proceeding. You could wear an extra pair of old or cheap socks and do the same thing.

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

Last time I traveled, I brought a small bottle of hand sanitizer which got through security fine. But I did pack a zip lock bag with lots of sanitizing wipes which I actually found more useful. And if they got a little dry at all, I could refresh with the hand sanitizer to keep them going.

User thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you all for the continued great suggestions. Our DD has " water wipes" for the babies so I am going to put them in sealed up bags and use sanitizer in the bag to saturate them and voila I have lots of wipes. She gets them from Costco so has tons. She has about 50 prs of gloves so we are good there as well. We won't have a rental car as the person at the house will come and get us at Hilo airport.

We won't be able to check our luggage as you can't get a through flight anymore through Delta. You have to book separately so if you checked your luggage in Atl. You would be in a mess in Honolulu as you wouldn't be allowed back in to get to Hawaiian airlines. So we will take one carryon . We won't be going anywhere anyway so it doesn't matter. Also the house is " off the grid" so everything must be easy to wash and hang outside to dry. We have so much stuff for our cycling trips that we will just take those kind of clothes.

There is no food on flights anymore. Only cookies or crackers and a beverage. We will buy some bottles of water and juice after security check and that will be enough. It is 5 hr to Seattle and 5 hrs to Honolulu. I could never go that long without peeing !!! So I will do as advised above and take precautions.

Thank you for all the concern and well-wishes. When we fill out the online app form that you use to check in each day we are putting that we are new residents. That is what the Dr's at Queens Medical center advised since we have no return flight and we will hopefully be there many months....if we aren't there a long time it will be the worst most sad thing to ever happen to us. The Drs are giving us a letter also if there are any questions by officials.

honu.....mahalo. We love the Hawaiian people. We have visited 2x in the past 2 years. The care our loved one is receiving is the most amazing loving supportive I have ever witnessed. The Drs regularly call and talk at least an hour !! They have palliative care and a social worker as well as myriad others. Everyone from the phone receptionists to the nurses to each and every dr has been outstanding. I worked as an RN for 15 yrs and I have never witnessed this anywhere. It is with a deep and abiding love that we go to Hawaii this time knowing the environment we are entering. c

• Tina Marie
    4 years ago

Trailrunner, I have nothing else to add other than I am sorry you are dealing with this, and especially at this time. You and your family will be in my prayers. Please do try to update us if you can. My prayers and thoughts go with you!

• daisychain Zn3b
    4 years ago

I am very sorry that you have to make this trip under any circumstances, but now especially.

I'm wondering if this diagram could help you in your seating choice. I have no idea about the airflow on an airplane, but it seems if you were to try to sit on the opposite side of the aisle of those directly behind you, it might help.

There is a link to the main article directly above and below the diagrams.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764-f1

• User
    4 years ago

C, I am sorry for you and your husband but glad for the patient who will benefit from your care. Would it be possible for the patient to have a peritoneal dialysis access put in before you get there or shortly after? At home PD would be so much easier with less risk of infection at the dialysis center. As you know, the dialysis population skews older and poorer, increasing the danger of infection especially if the chairs are still all in a common area.

Good luck and God speed!

• Honu3421
    4 years ago

Trailrunner, your words brought tears to my eyes! Our little island State is more of a small town than anything else and the Aloha Spirit you describe is what connects us to each other and to our land. I am so proud of our community. I'm sure it is a relief for you to know that your loved one is in such a comforting environment. My prayers are with you.

• HU-797908698
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Daisy we have seats. We had to use the Delta agent to even get the tickets due to not being able to connect to our final destination. It’s ok I can’t worry about the seating but thank you and everyone for the heartfelt responses.

kswl no there are other complications so that’s not possible but there is maybe a possibility of at home regular dialysis they offer it and I’m sure I could do it but I just don’t think I can take on that role now as professional rather than loved one and wear the two hats.

I did that with my dad in 2001 and I had a breakdown afterwards and still have flashbacks. I’m afraid to be honest

hano my family will forever be grateful to your people. ( I’m on my phone and can’t get it to let me change to Trailrunner)

• Olychick
    4 years ago

I'm so sorry you are having to return to Hawaii under dire circumstances for your loved one and dealing with the virus in addition.

I don't have any additional suggestions, except if there are things you want to have with you in Hawaii that you cannot transport on the plane, think about just shipping a few boxes to the resident. If they don't have home delivery because of the remoteness, maybe held at the USPO until you can pick them up. Or maybe your contact there can.

Safe travels and healing good wishes for your loved one.

User thanked Olychick
  • hcbm
    4 years ago

I hope your travel will be easy and uneventful. A serious medical emergency is difficult even under the best of times, in the middle of a pandemic it is horrible. Breath slowly and deeply and one foot in front of the other, there is no other way. Allow yourself to be the loved one and the non family members be the professionals, that is best for both you and your loved one. May the kindness and love you have experienced from the medical staff support you and your family and give you all the hope and comfort needed to weather this storm and come out the other side whole and well.

User thanked hcbm
  • RNmomof2 zone 5
    4 years ago

Just make sure that the mask is folded with the outside folded in on itself and the inside facing out (somewhat like taking sterile gloves off). Make sure you do not touch the outside while doing this. I have found pinching the mask with my lips makes it easy to flip it over on itself. Then use your hand sanitizer We had to demonstrate this at work to make sure we weren't contaminating our self.

I'm sorry for the circumstances that make your trip necessary.

User thanked RNmomof2 zone 5
  • User
    4 years ago

I agree with oly’s comment to ship what you need and *want*, being the caregiver is exhausting and trying, and having comfortable, seasonally appropriate clothing, shoes and entertainment is taking care of your own self, which is essential for any caregiver. Also ship or bring your own laptop, camera and other devices that will be familiar to you to better stay connected or enjoy some music or a show/movie. Take good care of yourself and your people.

User thanked User
  • User
    4 years ago

Godspeed, Trail. May you stay safe and well, and may you find peace even in this difficult situation.

User thanked User
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

oly we have thought of that. We will have a duffle carryon and a backpack so we can have my new Macbook air . I think we will be OK. But thanks for the suggestion. RN thank you for the tips. Believe it or not all the time I worked as an RN I probably only wore a mask a half dozen times !

I am so glad that my DH and I have practiced meditation for so many years. We have been to quite a few very intensive 10 day retreats over the years. We believe sending Metta to a person works to help heal and strengthen them and ourselves. We sit everyday together. I am sure all of your powerful good wishes will make a difference . Thank you and I will return when able to update. c

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-do-metta-january-2014/

• daisychain Zn3b
    4 years ago

Safe trip, c.

User thanked daisychain Zn3b
  • DLM2000-GW
    4 years ago

Oh goodness Trailrunner I am popping in here late. Nothing I can add to the wonderful suggestions already. What a challenge to deal with travel at this time. Be safe, be cautious (I know you will) and please do check in if possible. Wishing you safe travels and minimal turmoil.

User thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Joaniepoanie
    4 years ago

Trailrunner—-sorry to “see” you again under such sad circumstances.

The only suggestion I have is that IF you do decide to ship things, maybe use UPS instead of the post office. My bff just moved from Hawaii back to the mainland and the post office really screwed up what she sent through them—-missing boxes, broken stuff—-she’s moved a lot and knows how to pack breakables. Could have been just her post office or on this end, who knows, but she shipped the rest UPS and had no problems.

I hope things go well.

User thanked Joaniepoanie
  • denali2007
    4 years ago

I can see that this will be a very challenging trip for you and DH. In your heart you know you are doing the right thing and won’t regret it. I offer my prayers for you and your family

User thanked denali2007
  • bbstx
    4 years ago

I have only skimmed, but I didn’t see the suggestion to add a stocking over your mask. Here is the article The article also noted that masks should be worn with the pleats facing downward as in this photo.

Below is an outline of what Delta is doing. It might help you feel more comfortable about flying. Source

Delta

On April 10, Delta announced that it would be implementing aback-to-front boarding procedureuntil at least the end of June to help customers follow social distancing guidelines. Additionally, the airline has temporarily blocked all middle seats, has suspended advanced complimentary upgrades and has also reduced the number of passengers per flight.

“We have committed to the new cleaning standard we have in place now going forward,” an airline representative told TPG.

Here’s the outline of the new standard, “Delta Clean”:

• All domestic aircraft will undergo the same interior fogging overnight that Delta has been using to disinfect international aircraft in the U.S. since February.
    • Before every flight, aircraft will be cleaned using the same extensive checklist used during overnight cleanings. This includes disinfecting high-touch areas customers care most about being clean, such as tray tables, seatback entertainment screens, arm rests and seatback pockets.
    • Spot checks will take place before each flight by a customer service agent and a flight leader to ensure the aircraft is up to the Delta Clean standard. The team can resolve any issues immediately, and is empowered to request a cleaning crew return to the aircraft for additional work as needed.

Starting in early May, all aircraft in Delta’s network will be fogged before every flight.

Passengers can also expect to see more hand sanitizer at various touch points as well as workers disinfecting surfaces around the airport.

Delta did not say whether the back-to-front boarding procedure will continue into the future, but it doesn’t seem like a bad practice to adopt long-term.

And don’t forget to wipe down handles on checked baggage when you claim it.

User thanked bbstx
  • martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    4 years ago

God speed, C. I will keep you in my prayers.

User thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • l pinkmountain
    4 years ago

I'd assume I needed as much protection as a nurse in a covid hospital ward, considering the recycled air , multiple surfaces being touched by multiple people and no certainty every spot gets cleaned often enough, and close quarters of a plane, regardless of what anyone says. Will you be OK, oh yes most probably. The majority of nurses aren't getting sick. Condoms are 99% effective too, when used properly. All you can do is all you can do. Air travel is also very safe, so I would say if you take precautions as much as you can, you are only adding slightly to the whole set of risks you are already taking, all of which are minimal, albeit with significant costs on the rare downside.

User thanked l pinkmountain
  • lascatx
    4 years ago

I've always hears the recirculated air on planes was so bad for catching colds, etc., but I recently heard that because of the filtration they use the planes are safer than many other places. The other surfaces we touch and the people we are around are another story, but the precautions are the same as everywhere else.

Sounds like you may have already left, but I just saw this and was thinking I would take at least a second mask if not a third. That would give the option of removing and putting into a ziploc rather than putting it back on.

Only other comment I had was that a family friend recently flew to TX from Jordan with a stop in Riyadh. She was able to change her route to avoid a stop in Chicago before arriving in Dallas and then self quarantined for 2 weeks. She has been fine.

User thanked lascatx
  • l pinkmountain
    4 years ago

Every time I go on a flight of over 1.5 hrs. I get the flu that settles in my lungs and lasts for months, which is one of the reasons I have always been hesitant to fly. Shorter flights never, only the longer ones, and with that, every time. I don't know if it is the air coming out of the vents, rather it is the blowing of the vents circulating what is already on the plane?? I dunno. I have traveled to Great Britain and Germany several times so that's how I know that happens. Of course it may be something just about me, because I know it does not happen to everyone. But to me, every time. My immune system must have gotten blown up by something somewhere along the line. Some folks I know already recommended masks for long plane travel before the virus hit. I was one of those folks who right off the bat figured masks would be a key component to slowing the spread, along with increased disinfection of commonly touched surfaces.

User thanked l pinkmountain
  • rubyclaire
    4 years ago

Safe travels to you and DH.

User thanked rubyclaire
  • User
    4 years ago

Sending you and your family positive vibes.

User thanked User
  • User
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the continued very helpful suggestions. We have no checked luggage ...long story. We neither one have ever gotten sick from flying over the past 50 yrs including many overseas trips so hopefully our good luck will hold ! We have 2 new homemade masks each that I just got and we will have a bunch of the paper ones as well as the Scott shop towels and alcohol spray. They let you have a 12 oz spray bottle now at the TSA check point so that is great. I don't trust other's food anyway so we will have our own but I don't eat much when traveling at the best of times. They board the planes in reverse now .....hm....so everyone coughs on your empty seat first ???? We will do our best to wipe it all down.

We fly out of Atlanta on Sunday May 3 so hold us close on that day if you happen to think of it. Our hearts hurt so much that it is really hard to pack and think about mundane things like socks and hand sanitizer....

We are doing our best to hold each other together. Thank you to this great community. I am glad I checked in. Your open arms mean a lot to me. c

• blfenton
    4 years ago

(((((c and DH)))))

User thanked blfenton
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

User thanked happy2b…gw
  • jb1586
    4 years ago

Have a safe trip and good health to you and your loved ones.

User thanked jb1586
  • yeonassky
    4 years ago

Sending good thoughts for a safe journey and a positive outcome.

(((((((C, DH and family)))))))

User thanked yeonassky
  • bbstx
    4 years ago

Trail runner, you might take comfort from this statistic. Last year on 4/25 (the most recent date I can find), TSA screened 1.99 million travelers. This year on the same date, TSA screened just a few over 114,000. So, you will encounter far fewer people and your plane will have far fewer passengers than most of us are accustomed to.

User thanked bbstx
  • cmm1964
    4 years ago

Sending good thoughts your way as you embark on your travels.

User thanked cmm1964
  • texanjana
    4 years ago

Sending positive energy and prayers for a safe trip and the best for your relative.

(((((Trailrunner)))))

User thanked texanjana
  • beaglesdoitbetter
    4 years ago

I flew from FL to PA w/ my 7-month-old baby around March 20. I think it was a day or two before the stay-at-home orders. The plane was almost empty even at that time. The airports had hand sanitizer everywhere. It was fine.

An idiot got on the plane and sat right in front of our area and said to his kid "hurry up, sit down, I don't feel good, I need to sit." I was furious that someone would fly when sick at that time but we simply got up and moved since the plane was almost empty. You can easily social distance since there will very likely be hardly anyone else on your plane.

I hope you have a safe trip and your loved one recovers!

User thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • Lukki Irish
    4 years ago

I’ve not read the whole thread but If your mask doesn’t have an opening to place a filter, I would reinvest in one that does. As you’ve probably already read elsewhere, the filter needs to be a non-woven fabric, coffee filters or the blue mechanic shop paper towels are said to filter well but still offer good breathability. Also, gloves, if you haven’t been able to secure gloves, I just bought two boxes 1 for my DH & I and one for my DD and her husband at Costco.

Also, I never realized this until recently, but droplets can and do land on your hair as well. So while you avoid touching your face, avoid your hair too. And it may be getting warmer, but when I go to get groceries, I always wear long sleeves to cover my arms and then I wash everything when I come home.

User thanked Lukki Irish
  • just_terrilynn
    4 years ago

Trail, I‘m envisioning a protective energy radiating out from your bodies. I’m not a meditat-er (lol) but if I can see it , you can see it.

Safe travels!

User thanked just_terrilynn
  • jojoco
    4 years ago

thinking of you and your family. If you need anything at all, reach out here. We would happily move mountains for you. {{{}}}

User thanked jojoco
  • bpath
    3 years ago

Trailrunner, you’ve been on my mind, too.

• Oakley
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Waving to Trail!!! I only now saw this post, and I hope all is fine. We've talked quite a bit, you and I. What I do know is you're one of the strongest women I know with all of your common sense intact.

Check in here asap, and we need to catch up with each other.