SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
che11e

Front Yard Landscaping-Need Help

che11e
4 years ago

The Blue Atlas Cedar was supposed to be a dwarf version & I am really hoping it stops growing. Even if it doesn’t, we will not cut it down, just trim it back if we have to.

The problem is the very front of the house. When we first moved in, we did some landscaping & we got a nasty winter & some of the shrubs split & got damaged from heavy snow. We then purchased some new things, that always look better starting out, then they grow too big, so we had to remove 2 shrubs.

I left that holly bush because it can possibly be transplanted or incorporated. I made up a mock pic for myself. My goal is to cover the front cement part of the porch, without growing taller than it, but it doesn’t have to be totally covered like a hedge as in my mock up.

I want something ever green in front, that won’t grow wildly fast & bushy or need a ton of shaping /maintenance. I think at the corner, I would consider an evergreen or non-evergreen that can grow a little wider and taller. Some annuals, perennials can be added, but only summer long lasting perennials that don’t look crappy once they die.

I am not good at picking out the right stuff & don’t have a ton of money. We are in NE PA.

Comments (8)