SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_523139840

Front Yard Landscape - Need Evergreen Help!

Justin D
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I’ve been in my home for about a year now. I previously asked for suggestions prior to closing, and I’ve already implemented many of those suggestions such as removing the mature overgrown boxwoods and redoing/expanding the front walk.

I’ve planted two hydrangeas in the rear of the bed, and some hostas to go with the other existing hostas. And of course begonias for a little seasonal color which will die off soon as the weather changes.

Since the hostas and hydrangeas don’t provide year round foliage/color, I’m looking to add some evergreens into the landscape, but don’t know where to start.

I’ve looked at golden globe arborvitae, mop cypress, and a few others. I like them, but I’m concerned about size. What evergreens can I use that are smaller or can be easily pruned to keep at a smaller size?

Edited to add: Location is just outside of DC in Northern Virginia. Also, the large thuja and old tree to the right will eventually be removed. The large tree probably first. I plan on having the thuja trimmed away from the house in the mean time.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor