SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjsj54

Should I paint this or buy new?

jjam
4 years ago

A few years ago I did an update of my beach house dining table and chairs with fabric and new chair cushions. It still looks fine, but I'm feeling like it's time to face the music and do something better. The house is an open floor plan and this area takes up 1/4 of it, so something great would really make an impact. Here's the dilemma; the table is the perfect size, and the chairs are solid and very comfortable. The set was made by Richardson Brothers in the 80s and their stuff is high quality. So in terms of function, it's great. But I am so over the oak look. I have not attempted painting oak, but imagine it's not easy. And the table has a pedestal that is very ornate (think country kitchen 80's), and the chair legs have some detail on them too.

Here are some photos of the table and the rest of the first floor. This is a comfortable place, full of repurposed/thrift finds. I have no illusions of winning any design awards here, but I would really like something that looks like it belongs.

Thanks for your thoughts....just need some fresh eyes I think!

Comments (5)