SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_58962921

Umm....They’re Called Nightstands

User
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I had to laugh when I was reading through today’s New York Times real estate section (I’m hooked on those articles in which you try to guess which apartment the person rented). Today there is an article titled “Too Much Time on Your Hands? Try Rearranging the Furniture.”

The opening picture is of a beautiful bedroom. The caption reads,

In the bedroom, the largest piece of furniture will almost necessarily be the bed. Once you’ve decided where you want it, you might put small tables on either side, as the Nashville-based designer Eric Ross did here.

Yep, we call those nightstands around here, and it’s hardly groundbreaking, lol. We also put sources of light on those small tables and we call them “lamps.”

This sounds like it was written by a person who has spent more time at home in the last two weeks than in their entire previous llife and has just discovered.... furniture. If they stumbled upon Gardenweb hey’d probably think they had discovered a new species.....

home decorator, perhaps? 🙄

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/realestate/coronavirus-rearrange-furniture.amp.html

More exciting tips: when you have an open plan, coordinate the colors of the rooms that flow together....pick a focal point......place the biggest piece of furniture first....

Comments (17)