SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jevon_staffieri

Proposed Addition Ideas

Jevon Staffieri
4 years ago

Hi All -

Previously this forum was very helpful in designing my kitchen remodel so I definitely wanted to come back for my small addition add on we are planning. We have got few ideas from local builders/contractors but nothing we really loved. The addition would ultimately be used as a home gym and can only be about 12' x 13' due to building lot coverage issues. If the screened in porch gets turned into a 4 seasons room (which is possible) I could get another 36' sq ft out of the addition and extend it to about 12'x16'. The quick sketch below shows the idea of opening up the dining room wall where the picture window is on the left side of the house. The current dining room would move to the 'Living Room' and the dining room would turn into a play room for the kids. There would be a barn door from that room into the home gym addition space.

My real concern here is that the back of the house would have an 8' gap between the new addition and the current screen in porch (potential 4 seasons room). I feel like that would look terrible from the outside unless I can somehow do something externally to combine the spaces.

Does anyone have any ideas? We are open to anything really just need that extra space as the gym is currently in a spare bedroom and is NOT working with little kids trying to sleep.

Thank you as always for any ideas and if I left out anything please let me know and I'll respond.

The deck is old and needs to be replaced but the screened in porch is fine.

Comments (6)