SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rielle_montague

Any Ideas for Double Front Doors with Large Arched Window?

riellebee
4 years ago

Our house has a large double front door with an arched glass window. The doors are 8' tall and 3' wide each. They open into a small foyer area that goes directly into a large great room / living room. (I haven't decided on window treatments for this room, which has French doors with window on either side.)

I'm trying to come up with a window treatment that provides a little privacy without blocking light and completely taking away from the look of the doors. I initially considered installing sheers to cover each window. The down side to the sheers is that they would somewhat hide the arch from the inside. I also thought about relaxed Roman shades in a semi-sheer fabric, which would also hide the arch, but am concerned that it could be bulky. Also, we do use one of the front doors, so the window treatment can't get in the way of function. I've settled on using wreathes on the door but now that it is officially spring, I need to take down my winter wreathes!

We have plantation shutters in our dining room, which is next to the foyer, and cellular blinds on most other windows. It's a new home, so we're still in the process of decorating and furnishing.

I'd love some suggestions on window treatments for these doors!

Comments (12)