SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Excercising in a time of self quarantine

sleeperblues
4 years ago

I have to admit that I am anxious and nervous, which is not my usual demeanor. Given that I work in healthcare especially, but as I stated on another thread my hospital has canceled all elective surgeries for the next two and a half weeks, which is a major relief. I'm trying to do what I can to stay healthy. I'm 60 and have asthma, and if I catch this virus it could kill me. I am hydrating very well, eating healthy, and have really upped my exercise. It helps with my jittery-the world is going to end-anxiety. I follow a gal on you tube, AngiefitnessTV, and she has some great workouts. There are workouts for all levels, but the ones I like the most are the step workouts and her power walk workouts. I did two power walk videos this morning, sweating like crazy. They are as hard or easy as you want to make them. I use weighted hand gloves, hand weights, and ankle weights for some. I love the step ones too, since it is high intensity but low impact. Just passing along if anyone starts going stir crazy and needs an outlet for their energy.

Comments (21)