They just ordered all restaurants and bars closed in OHIO! WHAT?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (142)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Discussions
'Just one?' at restaurants?
Comments (13)Hey TT I figured you'd say that you didn't mind going to a bar by yourself. I think that's one of the perks of being a single guy, you can go into a bar alone and not get hassled, at least a straight bar! :-) I have twice been attacked in a bar, and both times I was there with two guys. I wasn't stabbed or hit or anything, just had these drunks try to carry me off to the cave. Once I was at a blues club with two male friends and went up to the bar to get a drink, and while I was waiting for the bartender to bring the drink back some guy sidled up to me and said, "Are you alone?" and I replied, "No I'm here with my friend Harvey" which did not get me much of a response. So I think about these experiences when I've been WITH someone and can only extrapolate what it would be like alone. But then woman get hit on in the strangest places--elevators, "Do you come here often?" service stations, "I see you're not married," fruit stands, "I think I have some special apples in the back," at work, "Hey I've heard about you outdoorsy types," etc., etc., etc. When I'm all business and I have to deal with that crap it really, really annoys me, I find it amazingly disrespectful....See MoreWhat People are drinking in Restaurants
Comments (34)I don't think it is fair to a business to order water and enhance it with flavoring brought from outside. I see it the same as bringing your own bottle of soda or sneaking your own alcohol into a bar. I have gone out with friends that have done this and I am always a bit embarrassed by it. It is not only cutting into the restaurants profit but most people who do this are probably not tipping for their own drink so the server loses too. If there is a special dietary need and you want to bring your own dressing for a salad or sugar free syrup for the pancakes it is different because those things would be provided with the meal anyway and you are not cutting into the businesses profit margin. I eat out a lot. I have also eaten out when times were quite lean for us. But I always felt that if I could still afford to eat out then I could afford to pay for my food and leave a nice tip for the server who might have less than me....See MoreFunny story/what would you do-- crowded restaurant
Comments (55)DH and I are in our mid-50s and have shared tables both at home and while we're travelling. In crowded cafes either we've asked if we could have the spare seats at someone already seated's table, or we've invited people who are obviously looking for a seat to make use of our spare seats. We've even changed our seats around to make room for others. We don't necessarily start up a conversation with the other people beyond a few remarks, but it wouldn't occur to us to refuse to share if the place was crowded. On a similar note, we were in a tiny indie cinema with three long (about 10 or 12 seats) row of seats across the space. Being so small, and the movie quite popular, it was pretty well full, in fact there were only two seats left, one at either end of the row DH and I were sitting in (I was next to one of the empty seats). In walked a couple, obviously nonplussed at the potential seating disaster. So I called to the rest of the people in the row, "Could everyone please move down one seat so these people can sit down?" Everyone seemed ready to do just that until the lady sitting at the opposite end announced she couldn't move down one because the seat next to her was (for some reason) higher than the others (by about 4") and if she sat in it her feet wouldn't touch the floor. So I said "Well then, everybody move up one, I'll sit in the wretched seat and DH can sit next to me and that will leave two seats at this end for these people." So we all moved, I got the high seat which, even though I have short legs, wasn't really that bad- I certainly didn't notice it. But the lady who didn't want to move would not shut up about it! All through the movie, she kept muttering to her friend things along the lines of "Well, I couldn't move, my feet just wouldn't have touched the floor!" etc. I felt like saying, for Pete's sake, give it a rest already! Problem solved! Everyone happy! (well, except her, I guess)....See MorePossession after closing signed , realtor did't protect me at all.
Comments (56)I was not clear whether you were intending to not disclose the date or if one had not been included. That's fine and I am glad one was specified -- this deal i just so wonky that I don't trust your agent. And no criticism intended on your native language or English skills. I hope that was clear. As suggested above, I would certainly do far worse in ANY other language. The issue is getting someone to make sure you understand the situation you are in, what your options are and what the risks are so that you can make an informed decision. Your agent should be doing that even if their commission is paid by the seller. I am especially concerned about the suggestion that you not include the addendum in the documents you send to your lender. That is not okay. That is hiding a significant risk to the lender as well as to you and that can be a fraud -- even if not meant to defraud the lender. It does also raise insurance issues and more -- even beyond the risk of the seller not leaving when they are supposed to or them trashing the place and leaving it worse condition than you bought it in. It is not so simple as your agent might have led you to believe. It can go well. It can go bad. It can go very bad. But there should be a very real reason for not simply delaying the closing 15 days and taking possession then -- and you need to know why, agree to it, know the risks, have your lender and your insurance company know the risk and any of their concerns and yours be addressed if you close before possession....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Stories

ENTERTAININGA Secret Bar Adds to the Fun of a Restored Ohio Victorian
Cork wallpaper, custom stained glass and intricate craftsmanship make this library and hidden bar a must-see
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Just Being Modest on Lake Superior
You don’t have to go all-out to have a retreat that’s all good, this Wisconsin vacation home shows
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHello, Bordello — an Ohio Loft Goes From Sinning to Winning
This onetime house of ill repute is now making good as a welcoming home, office and cocktail bar
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: A Playful New Home With Restaurant Style
A rotating pizza oven, an industrial-style bar, a beer garden and a karaoke stage make for an entertainer’s paradise
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Garage Sale Meets Glam in Ohio
With their 5 kids grown up and moved out, a Euclid couple finally gets to design all for themselves
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEHow to Simplify Your Life, All Year Long
Follow our 12-month plan to keep your to-do lists manageable and your home in good order
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN20 Favorite Modern Bar and Counter Stools
Settle in at the bar in style with these tall, sleek and sculptural kitchen stools
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHelpful Catch-Alls Keep Visual Clutter at Bay
What a difference it makes when you corral your stuff in pretty bowls, baskets or crates
Full Story
LIFEAge Is Just a Number: Houzzers’ Homes Old and New
Hear the stories behind homes ages 1 to 171, then share yours
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Room for Everything in Just 596 Square Feet
Multipurpose furniture, careful color choices and tucked-away storage let a once-cluttered house breathe
Full Story
Chessie