SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Theoretical Granite suggestions :) join in

salonva
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

These are the samples of the cabinet finishes.

The wood one is the island finish , the white. (white dove) is the perimeter top and bottom. The floor is what is shown.

In my mind, I had pictured titanium granite with a light (maybe white, maybe cream, tbd) backsplash.

So now that I am actually getting this done- cabinets should be here within the next week or two... I am seriously looking at granites. I went to one place and decided to let them show me what they would suggest (because I usually steer them and thought it would be nice to see a suggestion) --

1-she showed me a lovely typhoon bordeaux which had a whiter background. It actually looked really good, but I thought it might be too busy.

2- Also showed be a narcarado (sp) quartzite which was interesting but too specific with the tones.

3- White Ice granite which to my surprise looked pretty good with everything. Editing to add, it was just so different from what I pictured. I did schedule to go back on Friday to look at the stones again and will probably take pix. duh.

They did not have titanium.

Looking at my cabinets and flooring, do you think a dark granite is the way to go? ( I do have concerns that the island will be pretty dark with the dark wood and dark granite but I THINK I like that?).

I have called around, and of course the 3 very large yards I went to did not have titanium but I have found one nearby that does.

Just thought before I go on more wild goose chases I would see what you thought.

FWIW the island is only going to be about 5 feet long by 3 feet wide.

I know I am asking this in a vacuum but just curious as to your gut reactions.

I need to fixate on something besides corona.

Oh and I am hoping to get this figured out within the next few days.

Comments (17)