SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_949619662

What is wrong with my monstera adansonii? (with photos)

Brie
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

My adansonii is actually two seperate vines planted in the same pot.

One vine has put out leaves with yellow lines on them (see first pic). I thought this could be mosaic virus, though the veins are still green and the leaves aren't deformed in any way other than the yellow markings. (Also, the shiny spots on the leaf are just due to some neem oil.) New leaves are still coming out, although slowly.

The second vine has been fine up until now, and growing quickly (although smaller leaves than the yellowed vine). However, the last few leaves to pop out have now developed these raised yellowish spots, and have brown spots as well (see next two pics).

Has the second vine caught mosaic virus from the first vine? Is it pest damage? (I haven't ever seen any pests on it though). I did fertilise 5 or 6 weeks ago, so could it be due to fertiliser burn? The yellow marks in the first pic were already there before I fertilised though, so I doubt this.

Any other ideas..? After a tonne of googling I still can't any pictures online that look like the leaf in the first pic.

Comment