SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_560370192

Footprint in my newly stained hardwood floors, pro advice?

Kate Mitchell
4 years ago

My floors are being refinished this week by a flooring contractor. They have been stained and there are now two coats of bona traffic hd (satin) applied out of a planned three coats. The third coat was going to be applied yesterday but when I walked the floor I found the footprint. The flooring contractor is willing to fix which would require scraping off the finish in that area, correcting the footprint and reapplying poly before the third coat of traffic is applied. I don’t want to make a bad situation worse. They can’t guarantee there won’t be a sheen difference once the third coat is applied. It’s located in a entry way to a large great room so it’s not going to be covered by furniture or rugs. It’s in a high light area so a sheen difference would likely be noticeable. I’m looking for input from folks with experience with bona products to help me decide if it’s possible to fix this without ruining the final result. The repair would happen before the final third coat would be applied to the full floor (entire first floor). Photo posted in comment below.

Comments (11)