SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylor_gimino

Building a house and need help picking Gas Range!

Taylor Gimino
4 years ago

My wife and I are building in the Greater Nashville area. Haven't gotten to deep in the process but we will have a fairly large L Shaped Kitchen with an Island.
I am pretty avid cook and she loves to bake so this is a part of our home we want to invest in. We also will be hosting a lot of out of town guests so oven and burner capacity are important.
Aesthetically my wife doesn't want wall ovens so we are looking at a 48in range that would give us the smaller ovens for sides while main dishes are in the large oven.
We started this journey looking in the $4 - $5k range at brands like Thor, Zline, Hallman, etc but the lack of longstanding reputation scares me so know we are considering stretching up to $10k for a brand like Wolf, Viking, or Thermador.
We have to go with a Liquid Propane option and the increased cost of Dual Fuel probably puts the higher end guys out of our budget since they can get up into the $14k area.
Even with the reputable brands, I feel like I read complaints about every single brand making me afraid that they are all bad. I'll read one thread about how Wolf is the best and then another about how someone wishes they still had their old Kitchen Aid.
A lot of the bigger threads are from years ago so hoping I can get some more current advice!
Thanks!

Comments (8)