Asking for help finding information
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Could I ask you for some information?
Comments (7)Ingrid, thank you so much for the help. I planted my first Old Garden roses in a new rose garden last fall. I found out from some of you that I had planted them too closely together. This was partly from being accustomed mainly to Hybrid Teas bur mainly from wanting more roses than I had space prepared for planting. (New Dawn is the exception to hybrid teas, being such a fine house-eating rose). As it turned out the voles thinned those roses out for me. (You probably could have heard me scream in California I was so irate when I discovered it and the vole war was on...but that can be talked about later). I asked for your help because I didn't want to plant too closely again, and if there is room, why that is one more rose I can plant. I will be "hiding" a few in pots until I steal more yard, but I want to plant what I can now. Lemon Spice was one of the voles victims, and I have ordered a replacement from vintage. At this point, several of my Old Garden Roses are pretty much covered in buds, but so are the hybrid teas...of course that just means the D...arn Japanese Beetles are not far behind. Harborrose, I picked that rose out simply by the picture and I wanted to see what a moss rose might do here. I know some of the roses I am planting will not be here forever. I will go by Petals From the Past and check out the old garden roses. Of course my purse will be in jeopardy, but it always is at nurseries, and I thank you for an excellent suggestion. Thank you both so much for your help. kay...See MoreJan. 2007 Current Swap - Finding and Sharing Information.....
Comments (22)Well, I say when you walk into my house, welcome to crazy you are here. It is usually more than a little crazy around our house. DH is a teacher and computer coordinator and athletic director, so we spend a lot of time at school activities. We have 2 little girls, Rhiannon 3 and Peyton 18 months old, and are expecting number 3 in August. I stay at home with the girls and do some substitute teaching when needed. I love to can, and luckily went over board last summer, with being so huge already I don't think that I will be able to reach the stove come summer time. I also enjoy cooking all our meals, doing some baking and trying new things. I love to garden and we spend so much time out doors that I get so stir crazy in the winter time. I love old vintage things. I am always combing through fleamarkets, goodwill, garage sales and auctions for things for our house. I just love old dishes and vintage linens and have quite a few. As for food, no alergies but we aren't too adventurous. Funny thing is Rhiannon is so veggie, she loves all fruits and veggies, and if given the choice that is all she will eat. Now Peyton is the opposite and loves meat and carbs and will not eat much fruits and veggies. It is funny how oposite they are, but it is kinda like DH and I are. I could easily go veggie and DH is a meat and potatoes kinda guy. This will be my 4th swap so anything my partner sends will be great. The girls love when I get my package, Rhiannon ususally claims everything for herself LOL. They both ooh and ahh over all the pretties. Stacie...See MoreHow can I find a good cabinet painter? Questions to ask?
Comments (2)Well, I guess I should ask my DH, since he's the one that did the shopping around. He asked around for recommendations and looked into 3 different ones. They all did good work, but what it came down to was price and interest. By that I mean, were they even interested in doing the job. One guy that came highly recommended, came in at a good price, but he didn't think we should paint, but rather re-stain, because that's a look he prefers, and it's his specialty. They guy we went with had good references and we saw some of his work and liked it. Different people use different kinds of paints too, so you need to know what you want. We went with a lacquer, but I don't know much about that, hubby made that decision. We did all the prep ourselves, other than sanding. Cleaning with TSP, a good scrub and rinse, and all the dismantling of cabinets and delivery to the paint shop. I think that helped us get a better price as well. I think we paid about $2000 for the whole kitchen. It's not completely re-installed yet, but I am really happy so far....See MoreAsking for Help...Items to include in your post /request
Comments (0)"The only dumb question is one that isn't asked" When requesting help, please try to include some or all of the following information if possible: (Right-click "My Computer", "Properties" to find specifications) -The make and model of the computer, or a "no name" unit built by a local shop or yourself. -The processor brand name and speed. -The amount of installed RAM. -The operating system..for example: XP (SP2?), ME, 2000, 98, 98SE etc., and whether or not it has been updated. -The browser(s)you are using, IE (5.5, 6.0 etc.), Opera, Firefox, Netscape (4.79 etc.). -The anti-virus program you are using, and if it is up to date. -Any other items that will help us understand your system. Try to indicate the area of your problem in the Subject line. (Please don't title your post "Help!!!") Please try not to address your post to any one person. There are varying levels of experience on our forum and members enjoy contributing when they can... In your post: -Describe the problem completely, and as best you can, any significant events you noticed which occured prior to the problem. -Describe what steps (if any) you have taken to correct the problem. -Tell us if any programs have been recently installed or uninstalled. -Let us know if you have rebooted (restarted) your computer since the problem began. (Note: rebooting solves a multitude of glitches and hiccups) Please include any other information that might help us zero in on the problem. (Thanx to "Poohbear" for contributing this FAQ)...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

HOME TECHAll Is Not Lost: New Gadgets Help You Find Your Stuff
If you lose it when you lose things around the house (and who doesn't?), one of these wireless finders may be to your gain
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSE15 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Real Estate Agent
Here’s what you should find out before selecting an agent to sell your home
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHow to Start Finding a Greener House
On the hunt for a more ecofriendly house? Here are the questions to ask and research to do
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSHow to Find a Stone Fabricator That Follows Best Safety Practices
Pros concerned about the health of countertop fabrication workers can help by using this advice to choose the right shop
Full Story0

LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSHow to Convey Visual Information to Clients When Working Remotely
Photos, 3D models, materials sent by mail and even drones can help bridge the gap when client meetings must be virtual
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERYHow to Help California Wildfire Victims
Find out how to donate to groups assisting those affected by the fall 2019 wildfires
Full Story
DOORS5 Questions to Ask Before Installing a Barn Door
Find out whether that barn door you love is the right solution for your space
Full Story
MATERIALSWhat to Ask Before Choosing a Hardwood Floor
We give you the details on cost, installation, wood varieties and more to help you pick the right hardwood flooring
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROS5 Steps to Help You Hire the Right Contractor
Don't take chances on this all-important team member. Find the best general contractor for your remodel or new build by heeding this advice
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDecluttering Help: What to Do When Nothing ‘Sparks Joy’
If the Marie Kondo phrase doesn’t help you decide what to keep and what to discard, try asking these 4 questions
Full Story
msmeow