SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_872630964

Drain pan and cabinet surround for under cabinet washer install

4 years ago

We are finally getting around to putting a counter over the w/d in our laundry room. The space is very small so we are going with a compact set that will fit under a standard height/depth counter. The laundry is on the 2nd floor so we will use a drain pan that will be connected to a drain in the floor. (we have this set up now, just no counter/base cabinets).

My questions aren't about whether to use a drain pan or anything, we are using one. What I am hoping to get help with is understanding how that works with an under cabinet install and about surrounding cabinetry.

DRAIN PAN: We found this product (http://www.floodsaver.com/snfSpecs.html) which looks like it will work. Are there other choices or solutions we should know about? One thing I don't like about this one is that it's matte black, and it's 2.5 inches high so it will look weird around the bottom of my white washer. I guess I could paint it???

CABINETRY: I'd love for there to be a panel (toe kick?) going across the bottom of the washer/dryer to match the cabinet that will be beside these machines (so they look a little more built-in). It would need to be removable for installation and if the machines need to be serviced. Is it possible to make a removable toe kick and/or is this even really what I'd want (vs what I think I want in my mind?). Would this look dumb?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths