SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noopsifer

please help with washer dryer installation question

noopsifer
17 years ago

I want to have a stacked Bosch Axxis washer/dryer installed in the kitchen between the refrigerator and a wall. The sink is at a right angle to where the machines would be so hooking them into the pipes is not a problem. The problem is that there is almost no room between the machines and the wall, so the 3 or 4 hoses that go in and out of the machines will have nowhere to run next to the machines before they enter the side of the sink cabinet. My question is this: If there is a pedestal under the washer which raises it 8 or 12 inches off the ground, can I leave the drawer out that would usually go in the pedestal, and let the hoses run under the machines through the pedestal platform and then they turn the corner right into the sink cabinet? Even if I can't use Bosch's pedestal, couldn't I have a small platform custom made to support the machines and allow room for the hoses underneath? Please let me know if this could work, especially if anyone else has tried this. This would specifically be for the Bosch Axxis set since I need the narrow width of those. Thanks a lot.

Comments (10)