SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gr8daygw

Help with new washer extremely loud when draining

gr8daygw
7 years ago

We just got a new Whirlpool Front load Washer WFW92HEFW and Dryer WED92HEFW, big bucks, top of the line, the load and go system with steam, washer interior light-love this feature. We got it at Home Depot and as you might know, they make you buy the new hoses, suggest getting vibration pads for both and for the dryer the new simi-rigid vent sleeve. The washer has an extremely loud whining hum with vibration when it drains. It is nearly silent when it is just washing or spinning without draining. Our laundry room is right next to our family room and kitchen and there is no escaping it. I specifically asked the delivery guy if they had installed the W/D anti-vibration pads ($60 for 2 sets) and he said yes. The washer was so loud I got a flashlight and looked under the washer and dryer after they had gone and there are no pads under there at all. There was also what looked to be a scrape on the door of the washer. I had asked him before he left about it and he said it was just glue marks from shipping tape and left. But after trying to get it off with goo gone, it's not tape, it's a huge scratch. Ok, that put me over the edge into tears thinking of the ensuing battle ahead. I went to Home Depot and they did credit me the $60 for the vibration pads which I appreciated and thanked them for. I took pictures so they could see they aren't there. But I wonder if the hoses are new and the dryer vent or if they just used my old stuff. I didn't stand over them when they were installing because it's a tight space and there were two big men and big appliances and dolly etc. No extra space for me. Home Depot says that you only have 48 hours to complain about an appliance and so I've been playing telephone tag with the appliance department and finally went over there on Sunday since it was delivered last Thursday. I didn't buy the extended warranty. I think you have 30 days to purchase it. This is a nice pair but the noise is unacceptable and the dryer is also making a clunking noise and then there's that scratch on the door that makes it seem like it's from scratch and dent, noisy and beat up. I'm usually very tolerant but this is just awful!! Does anyone have this model? Is it noisy? When it's draining it sounds like a prop airplane doing an engine run up. Help!!!

Comments (44)

• practigal
    7 years ago

I have to be honest, when the FL washer hits that final spin it does sound vaguely like an airplane taking off…The rest of the cycle is as you said, almost completely inaudible. Bottom line, the sound on that portion of the wash doesn't surprise me (really, when you think about it rotating at 1400 RPM!) and I would be curious to hear about the experience of other forum participants. My washer is located in my kitchen, which is a noisy room anyway.

That you are hearing any portion of your dryer other than the little tingly bells at the end of the cycle...that seems to me to be a big problem. The current dryer is almost silent. The prior dryer was sort of a dull sound in the background. The only time I've ever had rhythmic clunks from the dryer was when I washed something that you would reasonably expect to clunk, p like shoes for instance.

gr8daygw thanked practigal
  • dadoes
    7 years ago

A clunking or thumping noise from dryers is often caused by
    -- A slightly-flat spot on the drum support rollers, typically caused by compression from weight of the drum and tension of the belt pulling against it (dryer belts wrap around the drum and tension is toward the motor), which may ease after several minutes of operation when the rollers get warmed.
    -- A weld-seam on the drum as it crosses over the rollers during rotation, which may also ease somewhat when the rollers get warmed (slightly softened) during operation. Some seams are smoother, some slightly raised ... luck of the draw.

Not really clear from your post if the washer drain noise refers to the pump, to the drive motor sound during high-speed spin, or both.
    -- Frontloaders (and many toploaders nowadays) have an electric drain pump separate from the main drive motor that rotates the drum. The drain pump motor is small and operates at fairly high RPM, and may generate some noise and a vibration even though they're mounted to rubber grommets.
    -- The main drive motor makes a jet-engine whining noise when revving up to high spin RPM ... a characteristic of pretty much all frontloaders, and even many toploaders nowadays depending on the type of drive motor.

gr8daygw thanked dadoes
  • Related Discussions

Electrolux Washer Making loud buzzing/humming type noise

Q

Comments (15)
    Can't say for sure without direct examination or comparison to the sound of the pump on Day 1, but from this position afar, I don't think there's a need to stop using the machine. The sound is very much similar to the pump on my Neptune TL and a friend's Neptune frontloader ... resonating of a pump motor mounted to bottom of the machine's cabinet ... but perhaps a little louder. Unlikely there's a start relay on the pump, they're typically a shaded-pole induction motor. Your choice to call for a service appt for your peace of mind and to confirm if there is/is not a problem. Myself, I'd keep using the machine as-is until the situation gets obviously worse (because it may not) ... as in the pump either leaking or going dead. Or better, I'd break into the machine and examine the pump for evidence of a problem ... but I'm a DIYer and you may not have the ability.
    ...See More

Fisher & PayKel GWL10 Washer drains while filling (Diverter problem)

Q

Comments (6)
    The diverter is in drain mode (neutral) when not powered. Powered, shifts to recirculate mode. The motor board can fail in a way that keeps it powered continuously. The diverter is not directly involved with filling. The machine fills with a small amount of water to saturate the load and prime the pump, stops filling and recirculates the concentrated solution over the load for 3 to 5 mins (a brief top-up fill may occur during recirculation), then recirculation stops and the machine fills the rest of the way for the agitated wash period. GWL10 was the first model on the U.S. market with the recirculation function. All subsequent F&P toploaders, both agitator and HE/impeller models, have it. GWL08 and earlier don't.
    ...See More

Moving Ahead. Help Me Choose New Washer & Dryer

Q

Comments (15)
    It washes very well and operates quietly. No complaints, we're pleased with it. It's 4.5 cubic feet in size, substantially more capacity than we'd ever use but like most front loaders, it measures the load and automatically chooses the water level so that running it 3/4s empty isn't a problem. We just need to remember to be stingy with the detergent for most loads but we do that anyway since using too much makes the fabrics dingy. On ours you can add extra rinses to most cycles and we often use that. As I think I said in the other thread, it's a solid performer but it doesn't compare to our Miele at our main home. It was also substantially cheaper to buy but that was our objective - to get something capable but on the low end of available price choices. We also bought a cheapo, non-matching bottom of the barrel gas dryer that was on sale and it works very well too. The Samsung offers just a few temp choices and doesn't have an internal heater as the Miele does. (I think Miele may have changed its current models but our washer runs on 220 volts. It was easy for the electrician though because there was already a 220 supply on the wall for an electric dryer that we don't use as we have a gas dryer.). To do a load on hot or really warm in the Samsung, we run the hot water tap in the adjacent sink until full-on hot arrives. I found an old email with a link to the Samsung model we have. As with most consumer product models, model designations are changed regularly and the one we bought is now shown to be "discontinued". I'm sure there are current models that are similar. Ask around to see how others with Samsungs like them. Samsung High Efficiency washer
    ...See More

GE WASHER (18 y.o.) trouble spinning! Help! Don't want to buy new yet!

Q

Comments (9)
    Failure to drain is typically a pump problem, or maybe a clogged hose. Unless you're equating dripping-wet clothes from failure to spin as a drain problem, which it isn't. Failure to spin may be a bad belt (although that would usually also affect agitation), bad motor pulley (which incorporates a clutch mechanism of some ilk), or a bad transmission. There is no separate brake assembly. Belt is available but the transmission and pulley/clutch are discontinued, unless a servicer or an eBay seller has new-old-stock or used offerings. Replacing the transmission would take considerable disassembly and other related parts may be deteriorated to the degree of also needing replacement. There are four versions of your model, designated by a B0, B1, B2, or B3 appended to WBSE3120 (along with a CC or WW code). I picked one at random to check the assembly and parts but they may be mechanically-identical with the differences being design/version of electrical parts or the computer board. The serial number is coded for date of manufacture if you want to know the age more accurately, although GE repeats the coding on either a 10-year or 12-year cycle as I recall.
    ...See More
  • gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I like your explanation of the dryer sound. The reason it bothers me so much is my mother's ancient dryer started making this same dull thump, thump, thump noise at about year 25 and this one is not even a week old! So thank you for that, gives me something to relay to the service tech.

I've had front-load washers for some time and nothing like this noise of a loud electrical hum magnified to an unacceptable db at draining phase. I think you are right about an electrical pump as you mentioned. It's not the spinning or the motor in general, it only does this at draining. The noise is so loud it's nerve wracking, even my husband who is a pilot and mechanic and has hearing loss because of it said that's ridiculous and we had to shut the door so we could stand to be in the adjacent rooms.. My last set was GE, very quiet. I thought this was a step up and was drawn to the fan-fresh and load and go features that were well liked in reviews of their older model machines. I think this is a new model for them and is already a "special buy". I'm hoping that isn't a bad sign.

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@practigal, the rpm on this new model is only 1200 which made me wonder why they dropped it from 1400 rpm from their previous model. One of the things I liked about their 97 model was the high rpm spin. It is not the spin that is loud, it's the drain only and as dodoes suggests, I believe it's the electrical pump for the drain cycle that is the culprit. Why would it be so loud? I'm an experienced consumer and have purchased many appliances and have had and used many other front load washers but this is not anything that I've heard before. I'm just so sad and disappointed with it. Not to be Wendy Whiner but sheesh, why is this so predictable these days that something will be wrong with the things we purchase and then so hard to get anything done about it? I found the HD people condescending and cavalier in pointing out that I didn't buy the extended warranty and that they felt almost some sort of relish in reprimanding me. Why should you have to buy an extended warranty on a machine that already has a warranty for one year and how does that excuse them from culpability anyway? From all I've experienced and heard these warranties are a joke at best. My plan was to purchase the extended warranty directly from Whirlpool but now I guess since they have me over a barrel and I still have a few days to purchase it from HD I guess I should go ahead and do that.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Why not send it back with an expression of your concerns. That pump could be defective out of the box. You've already expressed your concern and disstatisfaction to HD. Waiting will exhaust your ability to return it.

• enduring
    7 years ago

Is this the Duet machine? Many people have it on the forum and have never mentioned noise like you are describing. I'd be upset and want another set, period.

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I'd love to send it back but they have that 48 hour window that apparently, I missed by about 12 hours in order to do so. Now I can only have a repair tech come out which they are supposedly going to schedule today. The reason it was beyond 48 hours is because I didn't realize there was a 48 hour rule, that's not to say it's not in the fine print somewhere in something I signed.... I've had a hard time getting in touch with them, they put you on hold, the voice mail cuts you off, if they answer the phone they tell you no one is there who can help, or they are with another customer or that they don't have the authority to do anything. I made a special trip back to HD and even in person was told no one was there who could help me, the salesperson did not have the authority to do anything and that now it was past the 48 hour deadline even though I got the appliances on a Thursday and was there on Sunday to notify. The attempts I've made have been futile. Then last night I finally got a call back with the smug reply that it was after the 48 hour test window and that it is NOT returnable and that they would call me today with a tech visit and again the lecture about the extended warranty. Thanks for your reply and I guess I messed up by not realizing about the 48 hour window rule. It's sort of ridiculous, you would think you would at least have a week. Especially since it was a weekend.

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I do want a new machine and would do that in a heartbeat if I could! I don't think they call them Duet anymore. It's their latest model and top of the line model front load. I think this washer must have a bad drain pump. I can't imagine they would design such a loud pump and not expect to have blowback from customers. I've never heard anything so awful and I've had and used a lot of front load machines. One of the great things about renting condos in Hilton Head for years is getting to try out all manner of different front load machines in many of the places we've stayed. That is how I ended up buying my last set of GE (front load) which were very quiet and did not make this horrendous electrical humming sound when it was in drain mode. If only we could test them before buying!!! It was between this and the Electrolux because I wanted the interior drum light on the washer and there aren't many of them that have this feature. I love that feature and thought I would really like the load and go system which allows you to fill the detergent and not have to add again for up to 12 loads. It's pretty neat, but I could definitely live without it and thirdly, I liked the idea of the fan fresh. The washer has a fan in it and can dry a small load but I thought it was more that the fan would run and dry the washer drum after a wash. If you forget to unload your washer it will run the fan to keep it from the smell but you must set it first which I didn't realize. So, in retrospect, I'd rather have a quiet washer than these upgrades which is the only reason I bought this machine. I don't know anyone else that has this model since it's so new or else I would go and listen to theirs to see if it's the same. Thanks so much for your reply!

• practigal
    7 years ago

The 48 hour window is to report the claim is from the point delivery was completed. The delivery was not completed in that the vibration pads weren't there. So I would aggressively argue that your 48 hours began at that point. I think your claim was reported within that 48 hour window. Sad to say, my experience of all the appliance people is that they don't do much for the "little woman" it may be time to have your husband to go down and discuss this with the manager...

You do not need an extended warranty for a two week old Item, at a minimum they need to get somebody out there to fix it.

• enduring
    7 years ago

I thought HD took back stuff, no questions pressed, if you didn't like the machines. Having the scratch, thumping dryer, and the loud washer pump is unacceptable. What are they going to do to you if you insist upon a return?

gr8daygw thanked enduring
  • practigal
    7 years ago

I would also find out what the lemon laws are in your state and keep immaculate records (date and time of each phone call name of person you spoke with etc.) of all of the trouble that you have from this point on because you may still be able to return it much to their regret.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Open a conversation with HD Corporate. Record all contacts, summary of the conversation and any resolution of your problems. Don't back down. You should have the name of the salesman on your receipt. It seems there were multiple errors on HD's part i.e. vibration pads. Press that point. If the answer at the top is "no". Start with your state's consumer protection agency or advocate. No joy there, try your local news media consumer help. You should not be pressured to buy an extended warranty for a defective product. You could include that to HD Corporate and the news media. Good Luck.

gr8daygw thanked poppy214
  • enduring
    7 years ago

You all are so smart and helpful. Thanks Poppy for this information.

• poppy214
    7 years ago

P. S. If and when the tech comes have pictures and recordings of the noise. Don't get sidetracked with the BS they will try to feed you about consumer education is not covered under warranty repairs. Listen very carefully to what the tech tells you and make sure the repair ticket contains the same details as your conversation. I'm sure you know to keep duplicate copies of everything you sign for the repair tech. Been there, done that, and have too many T-shirts to mark the experience. You have to be your own consumer advocate.

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The latest is that they are coming out Monday and then they will decide what they think about it and mentioned that they may actually replace it!!! I would rather have been told they are bringing out new ones on Monday but that is as far as I could get with them. She said she called Whirlpool and they said that since it's under 30 days they just "MAY" be able to do something for me but they will want to have someone verify it first. So I guess if they disagree with me and try to say it's normal, there is no way this can be normal, then we're stuck so I only have a 50/50 chance of resolving this in our favor. I groveled and nearly begged them to find in my favor on the phone, so I am hoping and praying they will. I guess I will find out Monday and will let you know. I'm the worst at trying to stand up for myself and my husband is just as bad maybe worse!! He tends to leave these things to me to work out. He just had kidney stone surgery this past Wednesday and has been contending with that so I can't really ask him to, poor guy. What a week it's been!

Thank you all so much for your help and kind words of encouragement, it has helped me today so much. I'm really sad about all of this and dreading having to deal with it on Monday but grateful that they finally called me back today even if it was 2 or 3 hours after they said they would. You know, getting something new should be fun! Thanks so much again xoxo.

• enduring
    7 years ago

And on Monday post your progress. Help is here for you. Almost as you post someone will be there to help you. I know mamap keeps up with the goings on during the day on the forum and many others do too.

• MiMi
    7 years ago

I would tell you to go on HD website and leave a review on this washer/dryer but they won't accept bad reviews, they deny them!. I tried to leave a not so great review on a carpet cleaner I bought there and they denied it. So much for paying attention to reviews....

gr8daygw thanked MiMi
  • dadoes
    7 years ago

IMO, accessory "vibration pads" are not a good idea. The machine should be stable without the need for such when sitting on a sturdy floor (is it on a concrete slab?) and the leveling legs (which probably have pads on the bottom) are adjusted to support the weight *evenly* on all four corners.

gr8daygw thanked dadoes
  • practigal
    7 years ago

Do you have a fancy phone? Use your phone to make a video of it acting up. It will also serve as a record.

• sparky823
    7 years ago

You should have called Whirlpool to begin with, but maybe all will go well. Another thing, if the feet are screwed out very far(high) the machine will be more noisy. If you end up having to keep it, you can always stuff those strips of foam like go around a window air conditioner under it between floor and base of machine. That will help some with the noise. Do you have the pedestals? That might be part of the noise also if you have those.

gr8daygw thanked sparky823
  • gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I don't have the pedestals thank goodness. We have a granite top over two appliance cabinets that house the W/D with a cutout for the faucets at the back. The appliance man was here today acknowledging that it is loud and homeowner finds noise level unacceptable, etc. He noted the scratch on the door and said the dryer was probably hurt in transit somewhere and the scratch on the washer may indicate it had been hurt in transit too. He recommends that I should listen to a machine in the store before purchasing, but the problem is they don't stock all the models. The stores and this repairman seem highly prejudiced toward LG but I just can't make myself buy a Korean product because of something a person who lives there told me about animal treatment, specifically dogs, that I can't get out of my mind and don't even want to repeat.. But back to the topic, the appliance man said that LG (of course) makes the most quiet machine...but said they have trouble with their electrical board going out. The repairman was so nice I think I was getting the Stockholm syndrome, feeling guilty for complaining. But my husband who is not noise sensitive says he also can't stand the racket. The bottom line is that the serviceman agreed with us on the dryer and additionally said that the washer was very loud. I guess now I will have to see what HD will do after they read his report.

Thank you all so much for the help and support, I think it's going to be OK

• poppy214
    7 years ago

If Asian machines are out, are you all right with European machines? Take a look at Electrolux, Bosch and Miele (if price is no object).

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks poppy214, Just the LG, I realize many if not all things are made in other countries these days but it was just this specific one that put me off their products forever. I think I will look at the Electrolux. That was my choice before I got distracted with the Fan Fresh and the Load and Go features on the Whirlpool. I do think this is a good product, it's just damaged or something hurt it along the way but remain a little gun shy if I have a second chance. It cleans well and it has a nice and easy to use panel. I absolutely love the interior washer light, especially since the glass on the door is tinted. I'm easily entertained and thought it was fun to watch it washing with the light on. You can turn it off or on. So fun! Oy vey...

• poppy214
    7 years ago

Lots of plastic, bells and whistles on the Samsung also a Korean machine I believe. Make sure you have local service for any machine you consider.

• dadoes
    7 years ago

Auditioning a machine for noise level in a store environment is very different from how it'll sound in the home.

gr8daygw thanked dadoes
  • practigal
    7 years ago

Listen to a machine in the store? I have never seen a store set up to run any type of washer or dryer, where does he get the idea this is happening? In California you get to look at them and touch them and that's it. Is it different in the rest of the country?

• hcbm
    7 years ago

On the East Coast I have never seen a big box or independent dealer that had any appliance, except maybe one fridge set up to test. Ovens, stoves, washers, dishwashers, etc. are not usable until attached to plumbing or gas. I've seen fridges with lights on but not the refrigeration.

gr8daygw thanked hcbm
  • enduring
    7 years ago

The only place I saw a machine setup to run was at the Miele center in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. The retailer, Nebraska Furniture Mart in Des Moines, where bought my Miele , didn't even have one on the floor to look at.

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I know, neither have I. He said to "make them" plug it in just to hear the drain and spin cycle but as dadoes pointed out, with so much noise in big box stores it wouldn't be the same anyway. The pair I bought were not on display. Retailers are starting to depend heavily on consumers doing their research on their respective online sites. In their defense, there are so many types, brands and models, it must be a nightmare for retailers these days. From groceries to washing machines there is just too much on the market!

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Me too.

• a1an
    7 years ago

Off topic or on "Electrolux, Bosch and Miele " , what is the COO of said machines. Makes me what to actually check the sticker on mine.

gr8daygw thanked a1an
  • rococogurl
    7 years ago

Only the very high end showrooms and an occasional unique retailer has working appliances. That is an obnoxious attempt to put this on the buyer when its's a manufacturing issue. I would dispute the charge with the credit card company and tell them to come and get the machines.

gr8daygw thanked rococogurl
  • practigal
    7 years ago

And I would follow Rococo's advice...

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I put it on my HD CC to take advantage of the 18 months same as cash offer. I don't usually do that, but it seemed like a pretty nice offer. I still haven't heard back from them but will call to follow up today since the repairman found in my favor. I've always had such a nice experience with HD and love their offers so I think in the end it will be OK but I just wish it going a little more smoothly.

One thing I would like to say about the machines is that I really love the good things. It cleans really well, it has an interior drum light for the washer which I dearly love. A great help in finding that elusive sock! It adds enough water in the washer so that your clothes are actually being washed! There are many other nice features about this W/D. I'd be very happy and pleased with my purchase if it wasn't for the issues described above. I truly believe something happened to them in transit either from the factory or somewhere along the line that caused the troubles. If it wasn't for the damage to them I would be happily in love with this W/D because of the features and how well it cleans. It is virtually silent when it isn't draining. It's not the spin cycle, it's the drain pump that starts up before the spin starts and continues for a while with the spin. When it stops draining and continues spinning, it is not loud at all. There is something about the drain pump that is not right and I'm worried that it will just die at some point in the not too distant future. There is a lot to love about this duo. I think I just got unlucky with the set that was delivered to me and these are not typical problems for them. I will go ahead and purchase the extended warranty when the new pair gets here! I have until Sept. 11 to do that. Thanks again.

• sparky823
    7 years ago

I have heard loud pumps on several different brand front loaders. I am surprised your GE was so quiet. Maybe your next machine will be quieter or you may have to go back to GE. JMO

• Giggi AndPa
    7 years ago

I have an Electrolux and I am online trying to find a resolve to the loud grinding noise of the drain pump that I have to listen to throughout my entire wash, and my machine is only one month old! I have always had LG front loaders and have never had any issues and wish I had stuck with LG but listened to the salesman instead. Tomorrow the repairman is replacing the pump and if this doesn't resolve the issue we are going to ask to have the machine removed from our home. I called when my second load was in the washer to complain of the unusual noise. Don't buy Electrolux front loader washer if you want a quiet wash.

• dadoes
    7 years ago

"... grinding noise of the drain pump that I have to listen to throughout my entire wash, ..."

The drain pump should not be running continuously from the moment a load is started until it ends. The pump should be running only when the machine is draining and spinning ... not during wash and rinse tumble.

• georgect
    7 years ago

Giggi...while there could be a fault with any washer from any manufacture, Electrolux has had a better track record than some.

While there could be a fault with your new washer (faulty pump, which should only run at specific times during the cycle).

Since you noticed the loud noise on the second wash maybe a foreign item (maybe a button or snap) fell off and got stuck in the pump after the first wash.

I really hope it's an easy fix with the repair man coming on Wednesday.

Please keep us posted.

gr8daygw thanked georgect
  • gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Several weeks after my last hopeful post, HD finally picked up the washer and dryer. It was not without major intervention and speaking with several different people, having to repeat over and over the story. They would promise to call me back but they never would. Weeks would go by and I would have to call them back. It was very stressful because they would never say either way what they were going to do. So it was like being strung along, whereas if they would have just said no, I would have moved on or seen if they would at least fix it. I know if I had been forcefully insistent I could have gotten this done faster but I always try to be respectful to other human beings so I won't hate myself in the end for having been awful!!! It was December when all of this finally took place. There was lots more but in the interest of getting to the point....

I went somewhere else to buy a new W/D because I was too exasperated to go through HD again. I'm sure that this is not typical for HD and that they have many happy customers, as I have been in the past, but I think for right now, it was best to walk away.. for both parties. Although by this time, I think we both must feel like we are part of each other's family!

Ironically, I ended up with an LG only because the pump is quiet and the dryer runs quietly. The dryer is very good. I researched endlessly and came to the conclusion that there are very few companies to choose from once you impose your deal breaker limitations. There are things I don't like about this machine, it has a square door which doesn't open flat against itself and it's plastic glass, not real glass and feels cheap. The panel is not backlit so you can't see the settings easily and it doesn't put as much water on the clothes as the Whirlpool did. It's hard to remove the detergent drawer and seems like I always stab my finger trying to release it to remove it to clean and dry off. It's not nearly the glamorous product that the loud drain pump Whirlpool was but it does have a quiet drain pump which is a good thing since it seems to run an awfully lot. I bought it only for the reasons that it is quiet, it has an interior drum light, had positive reviews. After making one humongous laundry trip to a laundromat I was sufficiently humbled to make a decision! I got something that had most every option I was looking for, had good reviews and was in-stock. The in-stock color was the graphite stainless color which I'm not sold on, preferring white, but it's here and this is it! Thanks for listening as I journeyed through this debacle. I may grow to like this machine more and more as time goes by but I am disappointed that my beloved Whirlpool did not work out. It was awesome other than the damage it had and the loud drain pump. Thanks again!

• gr8daygw
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@Gigi and Pa, georetc.....About the Electrolux, I watched a youtube video which is why I decided against it. It had a loud grinding vibration sound upon draining. An enterprising man showed how you could eliminate this noise by securing the drain pump. He made some sort of brace in his workshop and attached it to hold the pump down to keep it from vibrating, it worked like a charm. I wasn't looking to operate on my washer as soon as I got it so I nixed it. It was a strong contender up to that point. I was looking for a quiet machine or else it would be in my laundry room right now because I liked the other features it had very much.