SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Moving Ahead. Help Me Choose New Washer & Dryer

chisue
3 years ago

Thanks for help on my earlier thread on whether to replace one or both units. I've decided to replace both. I don't think the dryer will pose many problems, but...

Can you help me choose a FRONT LOAD WASHER? It can be 27"W, around 38"H, around 30"D. At least 4 cu ft capacity. White is fine. Only the front and top are visible. I prefer controls on the front; this is sometimes called a 'stackable' washer. Door should hinge left/open right.

Optional information, or skip to last paragraph.

I've been fine with just these options:

Temperature: Hot/Cold, Cold/Cold, Warm/Cold.

Spin: High, Med, Low, No Spin.

Cycle: Heavy Soil, Extra Rinse, Extra Spin.

Program: Drain/Spin, Rinse/Spin, Soak, Heavy, Normal, Perm Press, Delicate, Handwash.

I want to be able to pause the cycle. I use Tide granular detergent and white vinegar (instead of 'softener'.) Rarely use bleach. I want cycle progress displayed (Wash, Rinse, Final Spin).

I don't want a wash to take *forever*; current washer takes 45 minutes on Normal setting. I'm mostly 'no frills'. I expect a machine to do the job well and not break down before I do. (I'm 79.) I'd need to be 'sold' on 'steam' or other special options. Are there negatives to internal water heaters?

Comments (15)