SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_15229165

First Time Fiddle Leaf Fig Owner- Help!

User
4 years ago

Let first start off by saying I live in zone 5b and I understand right now is probably the worst time for Fiddle Leaf Figs but my local Home Depot happened to have them in stock and on sale. So I took a gamble and tried to pick out the one that appeared to be in the best shape. I’ve attached a number of photos for reference. We try to keep our house between 67 and 73 degrees. 67 is more for over night or during our working hours. I have it setting close to our thermostat so that the temperature is far off. It also happens to be near windows bright open windows as well to get optimal sun light. I plan to repot as long as the plant doesn’t appear in distress during the end of June beginning of a July as that’s generally the start of our warmest months. Our home does have a whole house humidifier but I will occasionally sprits my FlF with some water with hopes it’ll trick it into thinking it’s in a more humid environment. What worries me are the existing spots already on the plant when I purchased it. Should they be cause for concern or is there anything I can do to prevent further deterioration? Literally any and all tips are welcome. Thank you!!!

Comment (1)