SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Leftover Fried Flounder

nancyofnc
4 years ago

My DH loves to eat at this local mom and pop restaurant and orders the lightly breaded deep fried flounder fillets every time. He ever only eats one of the two served and they won't do half orders. I take home a box and it sits in the fridge until I toss it a couple of days later. I have though, frozen a few thinking I'll do something with them but -- time comes around to clean the freezer and out they go. I know this will continue since he is just that kind of person. What do you know of to reuse these fishies and not be so wasteful? He does not like leftovers, per se, but transformed into something new he will eat it (as long as I don't tell him it's leftover). Example is that he loves Shepherd's Pot Pie and was appalled that they are made with leftover lamb (now turkey cause of allergies), yesterday's mashed potatoes, and only grudgingly did he eat it. Go figure. He's 80 and to say "set in his ways" about this particularity is it. Love him since this is really the only disruptive argument we ever have, so I count my blessings ten fold. But here I am with 4 frozen flounder fillets and no clue.

Comments (16)