SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marianne_green5357

House remodeling | Lots of projects and reconfiguring necessary

Marianne Hale
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have a very basic ranch home that we would like to remodel and finish. It was a foreclosure when we bought it and we have put off the renovation for quite some time. We think 2020 is the year we can get it completed.

This is how the floor plan is, as built. My husband is a carpenter has has since removed the spiral staircase and installed a traditional staircase into the basement. We did lose a significant portion of the master closet, so I am trying to rework that space. Also, the basement will need reworked and finished. I would like to create the most value out of the renovation that I possibly can. I have a lot of experience in remodeling, but not reconfiguring a floor plan as extensively as this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19XTkDJHiV2Zbs44pCD-PiZCcKk8W0SGi/view - here is a video of. renovation I had created, but I don't know if he would reconfigure the back bedrooms like that, moving the hallway.

We want to make the exterior to look more farmhouse modern, with a large front porch.

Love this style - but not sure how to do it on a 1 level house, with a boring roof line.

Comments (14)