SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Getting new gas range this week for CC house

Lars
4 years ago

We're in Cathedral City now for an extended stay - from Christmas through Jan 4, and so I have been doing more cooking here. This leg me to the conclusion that we absolutely have to replace the old Whirlpool range that came with the house and is probably as old as the house - from 1991. We are getting a Samsung NX58H5600SS 30" Gas Range, and it will be delivered on Thursday. I think it will be decent enough for a house where we stay only occasionally and intend to rent out when possible. We're still waiting for the city to lift the moratorium on STVRs, which we hope will be early next month. I like that the oven will bake as low as 150°, and it also has a broil function, which my Bertazzoni does not AFAIK. I like the burners on the Samsung range, especially with the middle oval burner with griddle. I kind of wish I had that at home.

Problems with the old Whirlpool include top burners that would not light easily (previous owner used a propane torch to light the front ones) and an oven that will not light at all. Not having a working oven was what made the decision for me. I have to be able to bake, and the toaster oven is just too small. I could get a bigger toaster oven, but I don't have the counter space for it, and I prefer to keep electric appliances to a minimum, to save on the electric bill.

I'll let you know what I think of it when I receive it.

If anyone else has this same range (or one very similar), I would like to know what you think of it.

Today I am recuperating from my second shingles vaccination shot, and so I'm not feeling that well. Last night I could not sleep well and had chills, but I think I'll be okay by this evening. I had to get my vaccinations here because the CVS in Westchester never had them in inventory.

Comments (32)