SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

Can’t find an entryset/doorknob with a totally concealed keypad

bridget helm
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Has anyone been able to find an entry set for exterior doors that has a keypad that is completely hidden/concealed. I don’t like the numbers showing. I want a concealed keypad that I can punch a code in to unlock the door, and the option to use a traditional metal key as well would be ideal. I have only been able to find exposed keypads, and I just can’t get past the look of that on our old colonial home. It would look silly. And I don’t want a “smart“ lock like August that is connected via cell phones, apps, & wifi.

The only concealed keypad I found, SimpliciKey, has really bad reviews. It looks good but reviewers say it works inconsistently. Many say the remote control key fob never works, so I thought well that’s ok as long as the keypad works when you enter your code. Well they say that’s sketchy too : /

I can‘t be the only person who doesn’t want a calculator looking thing attached to my pretty wood exterior doors. Why don’t they make sliding escutcheons over these keypads? Or do something like what SimpliciKey did:

sorry to rant. I find myself in this situation a lot - knowing what I want but not being able to find it even though it seems like a no brainer. It’s frustrating.

Comments (7)