SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salex

Backsplash reveal - thanks to Color Club for color encouragement!

salex
4 years ago

Earlier this year, I really enjoyed reading the thread on "Why do all kitchen look the same". I was partway through a phased kitchen remodel and nearing my backsplash selection. The Color Club from that thread encouraged people not to choose color, as long as they choose colors and patterns they love.

So here's my backsplash. It's not "of the moment", but it's very at home in my 1920 bungalow. Tile is Tusk, Tidwater, and Old California #7 (warm motif) from Fireclay. I was hesitant to do this layout with a color block and accent tile - it's just not something I've seen a lot. But now, every time I walk into my kitchen, it makes me happy. It helps that my installer is a true craftsman; he's the one that suggested wrapping the tile into the windows and mitering the corners - and he has the skill and patience to execute it beautifully.

I began planning this reno about 5 years ago; asked for layout help 3 years ago; did the first phase (demo, infrastructure, flooring, drywall, and lower cabinets 2 years ago); and have been finishing and installing the upper cabinets one-by-one since then. I finished the uppers earlier this summer, and am still working on the pantry/fridge wall cabinets (not shown).

I'll try to add more photos below, if the Houzz gremlins succeed in posting this one.

Comments (35)