SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Cooking A Turkey in The Electric Pressure Cooker

Today for the first time I crammed an over 11 pound turkey into my Wolfgang Puck 8 quart electric pressure cooker and it is so good. Now if you want it nice and brown and crispy, put it under the broiler but I did not. I have lots of really tasty broth for gravy and I am making more broth now with the bones in my slow cooker over night. I have portioned up the turkey for a couple of my daughters, I ate one drumstick for lunch and will have the thigh tomorrow. I cooked it for 45 minutes with probably 2 1/2 cups of water and my seasonings. I also put the giblets in too. I let it do a natural steam release.

I have 3 electric pressure cookers and I only bought one of them. The first is a smaller one and it is from Aldi and it works just fine, then I was given this bigger one by Wolfgang Puck as a gift from my granddaughter, Mandy and I love it too. I also have one given to me by my oldest daughter and it is the smaller one and it is the Instant Pot. I am sure when I use it, I will love it also.

I use them every few days and in the 8 quart one I cook six pounds of carrots at a time. Izzi has those as part of her diabetic diet.

If you don't have one and you like to cook and want it fast and don't have to keep a close eye on it, then get one.

Sue

Comments (7)