SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Cranberry preserve for gifts?

l pinkmountain
4 years ago

I have a bunch of cranberries in the freezer from last year, and we are trying to empty it out to defrost. Not specifically for that reason, but in addition to it, I am toying with the idea of making some type of cranberry canned good to give/bring/have on hand as a holiday hostess gift. The problem is, I'm not sure what to make that will be liked by the greatest number of people. I have both a cranberry chutney and cranberry salsa recipe that sound great to me, and would be something that, seems to me, makes a nice gift because not something everyone would already have. However, it could also be something that folks don't end up liking or wanting and will just sit on a shelf. I have sometimes been given preserves that I haven't eaten, not because I didn't like them, just don't eat that kind of thing often enough. So I'm wondering. Cranberry sauce--don't eat it that often. Cranberry salsa, I might actually eat. Cranberry preserves on toast, yes but I have several preserves already opened and don't eat often enough to use up so my rate of consumption of jam is low. What's your sense, what would be the most popular?

Comments (23)