SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastautumn

Anyone painted a room SW Bunglehouse Gray (or similar greenish-brown)?

eastautumn
4 years ago

We're in the process of finishing our basement, and I'm looking for a cozy color to paint one of the rooms that will function as a workout/bonus room. It will be across from our guest bedroom that I'm planning to paint SW Intimate White (which is actually a pale ballet slipper pink), so I want to go with something on the more masculine side for a little balance. SW Bunglehouse Gray is more of a warm greenish-brownish color than what I would call gray. Trim will be BM Snowfall White. Flooring is COREtec Carolina Pine, which is a rustic wood-look LVT. The doors will be medium-stained fir.

I love to browse around this site for inspiration, but other than some examples of Bunglehouse Gray on exteriors of homes, I haven't found anything. Curious if anyone has it (or something similar) in an interior room, and if you have any pictures to share. I love this picture (below), which I've seen labeled online as BM Copley Gray, and I also see that it's in the Ben Moore Williamsburg booklet labeled as Carter Gray. I'm not sure what it actually is, but I like the warmth and depth.

Here's the room in question. Above the picture rail we'll paint ceiling color (white). The window you can see faces west, and is the only natural light the room will get. I'm leaning toward Bunglehouse Gray because it's a little lighter than Carter Gray so I figure it will read similarly in a basement room with less natural light.

I also like how the Bunglehouse Gray color is in the rug that will be in the guest room (across the hall). I'm not sure this bonus room will need a rug, but if we put one in there I'll probably go with something neutral.

Any advice or inspiration pictures to share?

Comments (3)