SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_874585772

Lighting help for reading area with a high ceiling

HU-874585772
4 years ago

I've got an 8x8 room in my house that has about 12 feet of ceiling, and 2 very large rectangular windows that cover most of that exterior wall. This is mostly just a space for reading, and will have 2 chairs and bookshelves.

I need to find the right lighting for this space. I wanted to put a 2 tiered chandelier there to center in the top window, and 2 sconces on either side of the lower window. I've attached photos of what I had picked.

My concern is that the chandelier isn't going to provide enough down light for reading. But the space is so tall, a 1-tier downlit chandelier doesn't look right.

Does anyone have any suggestions? or does anyone have a chadelier like this and feel like it gives off enough down light to work for a reading space? I can't spend more than $400 on the chandelier, and I really wanted to find something to pair with that sconce (which kind of locked me into an amber shade instead of a brighter white shade).

Worst case scenario, I stick a floor lamp in the corner. But just hoping to get some other ideas.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor