SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katyajini

Please talk to me about Harkness roses

katyajini
4 years ago

I had heard the name Harkness tossed about here and there but never knew they were a rose hybridizer until Lilyfinch introduced me to Chandos Beauty. Then as I began looking them up, well wow, them seem to have a portfolio of amazing roses. So many of the roses are described to be very floriferous, fragrant, disease resistant in rich elegant colors. Is it just me? I dont hear of these roses as much as say Kordes or David Austin. And not that many outlets sell them either.

So are Harkness roses special? Are they all they are advertised to be? What is particularly missing is the habit and size of the mature shrub/bush/climber in the descriptions and pictures.

I havent seen an all inclusive, comprehensive website or catalog (yet). Just HR and another website. And I havent read all the details about each rose. Here are a few that stood out for me, for appearance and fragrance.

ginger syllabub

lady of the mist

lady mitchell

tower bridge

well being

highfield

compassion (I know this one)

reconciliation

Please maybe someone could comment on these or any other Harkness rose? I am particularly interested in good blooming with great fragrance. If it is not fragrant I dont think I want it at this point. Knowing the habit and mature size would be great too.

Thank you!!

Comments (22)