SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_613839702

Hello everyone, I have a flooring dilemma and I want to ask your help

AMD
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have a flooring dilemma and I want to ask your help. I have a floorplan like below. It has a open concept kitchen and after closing the house, I plan to redo the flooring. Since it is open kitchen, ideally I should use the same flooring material in kitchen/living/study/entry hallway/master bedroom. My wife and I personally like engineering hardwood and I heard that only hardwood will increase the value of the house. But since I cook a lot, hardwood in kitchen may be very hard to deal with. So currently I can think of two options.

Option one is use wood look tile everywhere except master bath/closet/laundry. My only issue with this option is I don't know whether I can get any money back when I sell the house. Someone told me wood look tile looks really cheap and doesn't increase any house value. Besides, decent looking wood look tile cost same as the engineering hardwood.

Option two is the picture below. I only install tile in the red area and put engineering hardwood everywhere else. In this way I can only put tile in that small area. I don't know whether this will work and whether it will cause any negative impact when I sell the house. I am looking for all your advice!

Open kitchen flooring · More Info

Thanks!

Comments (16)